Busy day

Wonderful news!  It is not raining and the sun is out.  Happy to see the sun as it warms the cockles of your soul.

Again I have been in the kitchen.  Gradually getting there.  Work continues.

OH has been to the tip a couple of times and no doubt will have to go again in the next few days but at least getting rid of the rubbish, room by room.  Still a long way to go, but will get there eventually.

We had a slight jaunt out to the Hotpoint Shop to have a look around. Been and bought a new cooker that arrives tomorrow so we are slowly making progress.  Was looking for a microwave as well but at the moment cannot see anything that I would like. I have one in mind I have seen elsewhere. I have my mum's old one but it is one of these computerised ones and has failed.  All I want on the microwave front is a push button machine preferably in Stainless steel.  Just plain and simple so as little as possible can go wrong with it.  I am not one for new kitchen style units, preferring a more traditional look, but whilst in the Hotpoint shop I noticed their fitted kitchens and was quite taken with a cream one that they have on display, which has lovely big cupboards pantry style and plenty of storage space.  No good for here, but the design was nice and simple, and in keeping with what I would like eventually, one day.  always one day. Would look stunning in a big kitchen. I don't normally do painted kitchens!  Tiz pipe dreams at the moment though.

OH went to the fish man earlier on and bought me some smoked haddock (a tail piece) back for my tea.  He has some Plaice.    That will be lovely served with a poached egg. He also bought some cockles, Crevettes and Crayfish.  So it looks as though we are in for a decent supper this evening.  Fish is really good for you and these days we eat more than we used to but it is just as viable for the tea table as buying meat in the greater scheme of things.  We are lucky that we have access to such a decent fish man.

Tea was lovely and just what the Doctor ordered.  Nice and light and tasty.  Back in the kitchen again and the washing machine is going through the pile of washing and I am now forming a substantial ironing pile.  Cannot win tiz just the depth that varies. Still no news on the delivery of the tumble dryer.  Oh well tiz how the cookie crumbles.

It looks as though it is going to be a late night, but as I am still having the occasional cramps (not as bad as the other day) perhaps the less time in bed the better at the moment for me.  I did not sleep too well last night so if I am dead tired when I go to bed I might stand a chance of getting a good night's sleep.  A little bit of daft logic there if you follow!

Right had better get a wriggle on and get stuck in again.

Hope you are all keeping well and nearly ready for Christmas.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts