Cramp again and Christmas Decs

I had another bad night last night in that I kept getting really painful cramps again. It does not help that I cannot lay on my side for long due to hip pain and so I am predominantly on my back. At the moment it has calmed down a bit but if I get much more I will be making an appointment to see the Doc. I am trying to avoid surgeries at the moment for obvious reasons. I did not sleep much as a result and then dropped off when I should have been up and about needless to say I was late up as a result.  So it has been a very steady day although what little bit I have done has been in the kitchen again.

Still no news on my tumble dryer apart from that it is going to be nearer the 18 December before I can book a delivery.  Never mind these things are sent to try us but in reality could do without this.  Still managing to get stuff dry though. so we have crispy towels at the moment!

I had an issue with the washing machine the other day which needed OH's intervention.  That has since been sorted out so the washing is getting done, it is just I am getting frustrated on the drying front and with equipment playing up.

It has been a strange old year on many fronts.

I did buy myself a couple of Poinsettias yesterday to go with the Christmas Cacti and also a small bush Rose.  Poinsettias always remind me of my mum. I do miss her.  She had proper green fingers and used to keep the Poinsettias going for years and the "flowers" used to turn red as well.  The last one she had went to my sister-in-law as she has a nice big conservatory the same as my mum had so it made sense for it to go into a similar environment.  It would not have been so lucky here. I shall however try and see what I can do.  The plants are on top of the dishwasher at the moment until I get things sorted out a bit more.  I do like plants but I am not always successful with them I think part of the trouble is that we do not get much light into the rooms although after Christmas I shall probably put the plants in the kitchen, bathroom and dining room windows where they get the most natural light.  We shall see what happens.  Greenhouse not an option at the moment although it might be for the Christmas cacti a little later on.  I think I have mentioned before that I am keen to strike some cuttings so that I have far more ready for next Christmas. One day I would like a home with a conservatory so that I could in theory grow some more exotic plants.  One day.

My grandparents had a full front porch along their property which was diversely used as a sitting porch (only very narrow) and also housed my Nan's seeds on trays, and fruit in readiness to be turned into wine.  However they also had a back porch which was sited between the kitchen and the bathroom.  It was this clear rippled PVC roofing strung between the two and then had one side with shelving, and the pantry door was off this outside space as well. It was really a modern boot room in many respects but was also a useful drying area when the weather was wet and Nan had a line strung in there to get the washing done.

I am keen to get the garden more in order this year and also to start sowing seeds a lot earlier than I did last year. I have never grown winter vegetables so I am hoping to go someway to providing those during the coming year, once I get the logistics straight in my mind and I understand the process.  There are seed packets that are going to need sorting out and I also need to buy more seed.  Wilkos had the seeds out yesterday so I may go and look closer later in the week.

I have found a few more Christmas decorations.  I do seem to have quite an eclectic collection. One of the problems is that I am not sure where stuff is at the moment, so perhaps next year I will be better prepared, but all this stuff has never been out in one fair swoop.  It would be lovely if could get it to this stage but I am afraid that will not be this year.

Anyway the latest decorations I have found are as follows:

There is this sweet little Robin windchime which I love although I cannot remember where I bought this.



This china candle box.



These beautiful garlands.




Two candle rings. I would also like to get another couple of these or something similar so that they can mix and match.



Two fir cone baubles.  I would like to get another couple of these.



These Angel lights.



And this Angel Lantern and candle.




No doubt there will be more to comem

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts