One thing Leads to Another - A little Baking Terrys Chocolate Orange

You know how it is, one thing leads to another.  Recently, I was doing a little shopping, browsing the sweet counter when I espied some mini chocolate orange segments on offer at £1 a bag.  I had recently seen a recipe for chocolate orange buns so nabbed a couple of bags to Squirrel away in anticipation of making the same. These are going to be made as part of the Christmas baking as something different, my new different recipe for this year.  That has been the plan all along.

Snuggled next to the orange segments alongside of them on the same shelf was the white version.  I had to pay full price for these at £2 per bag, but in reality I am a white chocolate fan.  I also thought that I could make a Victoria Tray bake in chocolate, spread buttercream on the top and decorate with the orange slices.  That is before I went researching on the Internet.




I enclose various links for various different recipes and different decorating ideas in case you also want to have a play.

The first link is from Jane's Patisserie for chocolate orange cupcakes.

The second from Charlotteslively kitchen.

The Third is from Supergoldenbakes for a Chocolate Orange cake.

The fourth from The Baking Explorer for Chocolate Orange Brownies and Orange Chocolate Loaf Chocolate Orange Loaf

The fifth from Rockrecipes for chocolate Orange Cheesecake.

The sixth somethingsweetsomethingsavoury for a Chocolate Orange No Cook Traybake.

And finally The Baking Explorer for Terrys Chocolate Orange Cookies.

There are lots of other recipes out there however what struck me most from browsing Pinterest is that everything is decorated so differently even if using similar if not the same recipes. You always eat with your eyes first but half the fun is in the decorating.  A lot of the time the decorating looks complex but a lot of the time it is not actually that difficult to do.

I am therefore looking forward to having a little play.  I have behaved myself the chocolate orange slices are still there and I am very much looking forward to having a little play.

I have also bought some white chocolate today for making the liqueur for Christmas which recipe was featured here:


I am also going to nip back to get some more different chocolates so that I can doa little more playing.

Are you going to be trying any new recipes for Christmas?

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts