Progress

.......is slowly being made in various areas of the house.  The Microwave is now in situ the old one has gone out. The dishwasher is working beautifully despite a few initial problems.  I am on top of the backlog of washing and getting it dried.  I start the next stash of washing tomorrow and I am hoping that by the end of the day it will all be sorted including the drying. Then I will start the ironing.  After all the ironing is done, OH and I will be sorting out our respective wardrobes.  I have a lot of clothes for my cousin, and a lot for the charity shop,  Both of us have lost weight and a lot of our clothes are now far too big.  As we need the space time for a good sort out.  Perhaps the best time to do it at the beginning of a New Year. I do  tend to recycle fabrics I like so the clothes will be appraised to see if I can make use of them and if I can I will retain the fabric.

We have the new cooker to be connected that will probably happen next week when the heating is put on, and in the meantime my small electric oven is stood on top of it.  I need OH to put in a shelf for me under the unit so that it is tucked out of he way.  The Ninja has yet to be put in place on the kitchen worktop.  a parking space has been reserved for it.

The computer room/craft room is slowly being cleared as well.  So well pleased with the progress so far.

Unfortunately I had another acid attack at about 3am on Wednesday morning being violently sick; I ended up crashing out as a result.  A bit more with it now.  Just one of those things that happens every so often, but I had hardly eaten yesterday so the cause is really puzzling me somewhat.  Just one of those things normally it is because I have eaten too much.

Tomorrow we shall be having the Rib of Beef for New Year's Eve dinner and we are looking forward to that.

We still have cheese left although the cheddar and the Raclette have taken a hammering from the OH.  Still plenty of Stilton, Baron Bigod and Gorgonzola so still plenty of stuff to pick at.

Once I am a bit more organised in the kitchen, which is getting there will get soup on the go, the bread, the yogurt and the cheese.  I quite fancy my Nan's Yorkshire Curd Tart as have not had one in a long while.  Might get the ingredients tomorrow and make over the weekend.  It is talking to me and it is a long time since we have had it.  I have to go to Waitrose in any event for a few bits and bobs including some petit pois.

Have managed to work a couple of more squares for my blanket.  That is 30 squares completed. will soon be completed and the it will be the joining together.

I keep pottering away doing a bit here and there and very slowly we are getting there. 

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. It sounds like a time of positivity in your house. Glad to hear that the cheese mountain is slowly disappearing!!

    Sorry that you had another acid attack and hope it doesn't return for a long time.

    Enjoy that crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, Happy New Year to you too. Trying to be positive and trying to do a little at a time. Cheese has been gorgeous and will use again. It has worked out cheaper to buy in bulk for the proper stuff than buying it in segments locally. The acid reflux is part of the auto immune issues I have; my mum and my gran both had the same issues. I do try and look after it but it is annoying when it does flare up as it just happens - no pre-warning as it were. Just have to keep at it. Crochet is about half done. Got side-lined prior to Christmas. However, it will be finished before I start anymore crochet especially the snowflake blanket that I am looking to do for this Christmas coming. Hopefully once you get moved you will be able to get back to your crafting too. Take care dear friend Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Enjoy your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hart, Happy New Year to you and thank you. Keep safe and well Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts