St Stephen's Day/Boxing Day and Monday Catch-up and a little Nostalgia

St Stephen's Day/Boxing Day

We had another lovely quiet day yesterday just chilling not really doing very much but enjoying the food and bits and bobs that have had to hand.  There have been a lot of vintage programmes on the TV this year which was ok with me but not OH. Oliver was on and a filming of Jason Bourne's adaptation of The Red Shoes by the Sadlers Wells Ballet.  However, I was fortunate to attend one of the shows earlier on this year as a present from my dearest and oldest friend who takes me as I am "Warts and All".  I had never been to a ballet before and this was my first.  It was absolutely enchanting and very memorable.  I was entranced.  I did not see either programme on the TV though as OH wanted to watch something else.

We continued to eat Turkey and trimmings left over from the main meal and then in the evening had a cheese and biscuit supper which went down very well  I had the Gorgonzola and it was divine.  OH had some of the Westcombe Cheddar.  There were sausage rolls, and bacon and cheese puffs as well as some trifle.


Monday

Today has been equally lazy although this was not planned.  We had cheese again mid-day me as a cheese and onion sarnie OH fried cheese.  We had been bitting about with the TV and then OH went to walk the dog.  Whilst he was out the Sound of Music came on and I just had to watch it.  Cheesy but it bought back so many memories of people who are no longer with us but who are not forgotten.  I had just turned six years of age when The Sound of Music was released.  We were on holiday at Ingoldmells and it had been a very hot summer.  I ended up with a touch of the sun and as it was so hot and bright out to keep me in the shade Mum and Dad took me to the pictures to watch the Sound of Music..  I will never ever forget that trip as it was so rare for us to go to the Cinema or indeed the Theatre both of which I love. My brother at the time would have been two and a half three years of age.  In the Christmas of that year I remember getting a proper desk and chair for my present; I still have these to this day.  My step-children used it well too.

So watching this lovely story come to life this afternoon again some 55 years after I had first seen it was lovely and pretty nostalgic.  A trip down memory lane.

OH not too impressed and a lot of harummping going on until he fell asleep.

We have since had curry for tea and very tasty it was too.  I have had a glass of Gin and Lemonade, but more about that another day.

Hope you have enjoyed your holiday break too.

Tomorrow will be a busy one.  My tumble dryer should arrive tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts