Things have been going awry here

It is wet and orrible again here and we have had some snow drops intermingled with the rain.  My hands and joints are swollen because of the damp weather.  Movement is slow because of the pain and it is the pain that gets you down.  Not long before I can have a couple of more paracetamol to help.  It is not a cure all but it does help numb the pain and allow me to get on and do things in the greater scheme of things.  The paracetamol also help with temperature control in my system in the longer term.  My temperature can go up extremely quickly and without warning which has resulted in further fits which we do not want.  It is approximately a year since my last fit.  I want to keep these at bay as best as I can although practically speaking I am aware that in reality my system tends to throw one up every couple of years or so.

Thus far the week as planned has not gone as it should.  We were due delivery of the fridge freezer being delivered on Wednesday.  They decided to deliver on a different day and despite us being in the house and a note on the front door to say all deliveries to the back.   No one came.  The first I knew of this was that I received an email.  I therefore rearranged with AO for redelivery which is due to take place this coming Sunday.  I am not blaming the company concerned as I think something has been lost in translation between the two parties and we are only human at the end of the day.

There have been other things going on in the background as well as another non-delivery of some coffee we had ordered. Yet again we were in, and notice on front door. 

Some of the things that have not gone to plan and which I will not mention here have been re-arranged for next week.  Fingers crossed that things work out second time around.  It does put plans out of kilter somewhat though.

The bulk of the dining room has been done.  I have boxes of kitchen stuff in the dining room that need to be cleared but the kitchen is next on the list.  Once that is all stripped out and the cupboards cleared, I can then start re-packing things properly into the kitchen including those items which are currently in the dining room.  So there is a lot of hard work ahead.

My hands hurt a lot with all the scrubbing and cleaning.  I tried a new product by Flash the other day and unusually for me and without thinking I did not wear gloves. Within minutes of using it I have reacted quite badly and have a bad case of contact dermatitis.  The sting has gone but my hands are extremely red and have been sore but I am getting there.  Am applying copious amounts of Coconut oil hand-cream which seems to be doing the trick and calming down the inflammation. 

I seem to have a particular intolerance level to some Flash cleaning products.  In the past I have tried the powder and that upset my hands so I stopped using that.  Generally speaking I do not use their products but as this was advertised as a good floor cleaner if you had pets I thought I would give it a try.  Will not be using this without gloves - I have the bottle still to work down.  However will not be buying it again. Back to my greener methods. Especially my citrus vinegar. I am happier with these natural cleaning products overall.  However having pets, despite being clean, I am aware that you can become de-sensitised to certain aromas and I am always very conscious of this.

I have not long had breakfast and am just about to gear myself up for operation Kitchen  No doubt I will find lots of stuff I had forgotten about in the process.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts