Tuesday Catch Up

 I was in the kitchen again yesterday until I had to get out as had been in there far too long.

I needed some more cleaning stuff and so I trotted off to Waitrose by Shank's Pony and also went to Wilkos as well as I thought that they might have some storage boxes that I am after.  Unfortunately on this occasion they did not have any.  No worries will keep checking. They will have some eventually and I will be able to get some and then get organised a bit more.  I thought I would check as it would have saved some duplication of work.   It will happen eventually.

I managed to pick up some clips from the kitchen section at Wilkos.  They are not for kitchen duty though.  I thought that they would be very useful for my patchwork and also with the embroidery at holding the excess fabric back out of the way.  I did have a look at the winemaking/beer making department but they had very little in there today.  I shall look again the next time I go as now as the kitchen and the house is gradually being sorted out I want to get back into the habit of making wine and beers again a bit at a time.  I prefer country wines as they have a lot more flavour.  So I shall start after Christmas with some house wines that I have made in the past to build stocks up.

I then went to Waitrose and got the cleaning equipment I was after.  A few more items also went into the basket, not Christmas items just items that we use on a regular basis. I bought some white chocolate to make the White chocolate liqueur drink.  I will need to go back in the next few days and stock up on some more chocolate as I have some other recipes that I want to try as well.  I also have a recipe from my mum's cookbook for a home made Baileys.  This is quite an old recipe though and I have not tried this either.

It is one that may well get made this Christmas.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts