Work still continues

 ....in the kitchen although OH has been doing some work and I have been called to assist him several times throughout the day which means I have not got on as well as I would have hoped.  I have had the washing machine on for the next loads of washing, now to get towels dry without a tumble dryer.  Still have a load more washing to do, but that will happen a bit at a time throughout the week.  Still waiting for further information re the delivery of my replacement tumble dryer which is coming direct from Hotpoint.

Tea went down very nicely.  Our sorting out between us during the day has meant that we have accumulated more waste and OH is going to the tip tomorrow to get rid of this.  No doubt there will be more as work carries on.

I am just about to go downstairs to complete more work in the kitchen.  Can only keep plodding at it, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I have some appliances to wash down this evening and then take out of the kitchen for the time being until the kitchen has been scrubbed out and then everything can go back in nice and clean.

I am hoping to do decorations at the end of the week but I am very lucky that I have some fresh ingredients to hand for doing some wreaths.  I have copious amounts of berries on the holly tree in the front garden this year.  This is a self-set plant and it really needs its growing point taking out.  OH has volunteered to do this but he is afraid of heights.  He will not let me do this although I sometimes think it would be simpler if i did deal with it.  However, he gets in a right two and eight if its me going up a ladder than what he does of himself.  So I will leave this in his capable hands.

When you get lots of berries in the wild, the country way of interpreting this is that there is going to be a harsh winter and that mother nature is providing feed for the birds during this cold spell (hence the berries). We as home decorators tend to take advantage of this fact and use the berries in fresh decorations for the home over the Christmas period.

***Photos to be added at a later date.  Problems with Google Photos at present.  Will be updated later.

For this coming year I want to have a look at obtaining some more plants to help with the Christmas decorating for next year (yes, I know we have not got this year out of the way with), but every time you do a little bit to bringing something into your life, never mind it is baby steps you are helping to bring your dream, your vision and your ideas alive.  So for me if I can plant some of the plants, I will have gone one step further on to what I was the year before (or to where I am at present)..

Next year I intend to grow Chinese Lanterns, Honesty, Straw Flowers in the full range of colours (and some other flowers that can be dried and used to make dried flower baskets and garlands.  I could also do with a couple of more Bay trees, a couple of juniper plants and some Lenten Roses, Eucalyptus.  I would also like some Box plants, a couple of small fir trees, more Rosemary plants, some Ivy hanging baskets, so that I have the basis of a display ready to go for next year.  I would also like a variegated Holly. I would also like to plant a Cut Flower Garden so that I can have fresh flowers from the garden throughout the year.  So I have a few projects to research, look into, and then plan and plot.


I also have a Bay tree, (which does need a haircut and a bit of a trim up) and plenty of Ivy to hand but will need to obtain some fir and or Spruce. I think OH may well have to take me for a walk and a forage to see what we can find.  I also have dried orange slices and cinnamon sticks to hand with plenty of ribbon in the craft cupboard.  I do have some wire wreath bases and a couple of floral wet ones as well.

Right back to work we go.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts