A Different Kind of Day

To that which was planned has been had today which has really got OH down but in reality when you look back on it, it is more like a comedy of errors.  An expensive one per se, but a comedy of errors all the same.

I cooked OH a full English Breakfast again today; I had a sausage sandwich as very rarely can I manage a cooked breakfast on this level.  I prefer lighter things like cereal or granola and yogurt with some fresh fruit.  After this, I was in the kitchen back to sorting out again and things were running along very nicely.  I bought my new radio downstairs (My pale green Roberts one) which is absolutely super and I was working along in my own little world, starting to get things sorted again a bit and listening to Gold station as I was working.  Very peaceful and methodical, the way I like to work.



I also needed the Ninja which we had used upstairs in the absence of the oven to bring that down to get it ready for doing stew for this evening's tea.  Earlier in the day OH had received a parcel which included the new rack for the TV. I came up for something else and OH had the TV off the wall and was trying to put the new rack together.  He asked me if I would help wrangle it back on the wall, but before putting it back up I took the opportunity to give it a good wipe down.  I got that near enough successfully completed, when I managed to tip the bowl of water over that I had for  cleaning the TV, and tipped it all over my foot and drenched my jeans as well as the floor.  OH used a towel he had been using to protect the screen on the TV to mop up the spillage and then tried to handle the TV without an appropriate soft top on the desk, and in placing it down has broken the screen in two places.  Not a happy little Elf at all as a result.  He is a real Telly addict, and him not having a TV is like him having his left hand chopped off (he is left hand dominant).  He quickly descended into deep gloom. For the sake of clarity he does suffer from Bi-Polar disorder (Manic depression) and when he gets down like this I have to be firm and chivvy him along (not that I am unfeeling but I have found this the best way to try and snap him out of it.  If you molly coddle him he tends to be ten times worse.  

I went off to get the stew on and part way through received an urgent summons, he was looking for a new TV wanted me to have a look.  Everyone we looked at was either not available or it would be Friday before we would be able to collect and in the end we located an LG 50 inch one which we were able to order and go and pick up which we subsequently did.  TV is now up and running but OH not at all happy about having to expend further funds on yet another appliance.  However the TV is not at all bad.  Fortunately the wall bracket we had is an exact size for the new TV.  As we were late in getting everything sorted OH ordered a kebab for tea which was very tasty. 

In addition to me working in the kitchen and parallel to it, the study/craft room is slowly being returned to its original purpose.  We just need to source a day bed/sofa for when we are in there.  My desk is however slowly being cleared so that I can set the machines up ready to go to.  OH has put the TV higher up the wall out of the way so that the machines do not interfere with it.  I am looking forward to getting this room sorted so that I can just come in and get on with the crafting as and when I want to and predominantly when he goes fishing again (or is allowed to).

So tomorrow morning will be a case of re-wind and back into the kitchen for me back to what I was doing this afternoon in an effort to get the kitchen back into some semblance of order.  Tea tomorrow night will be stew with dumplings which should be ideal for this weather.  We also have apple strudel with custard for pudding.  For the best part I am managing to cook a full meal each day with the new cooker which I am very chuffed with.

Once the kitchen is sorted, I hope to get to some baking.  I have been trying to get to this for the past  couple of days. Whilst I have been resting up a bit, I have slept a lot and not quite ready to do baking but I have been working up to it.  Bread is definitely on the agenda as is some cake for the tins which live in the pantry (and every so often the Elves liberate a few). Well a certain Elf!  I wonder who that can be.

Slowly order is being restored, but Rome was not built in a day and we still have a heck of a lot to do.  I hope he is in a better mood tomorrow as at some point I would like him to fit my new sink for me.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.

Right I am off to put my feet up for a while.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

  1. You have had a time of it. But just imagine how great it will be to have a craft room to sit down and tackle projects whenever you want to.
    I think many of us are a bit more addicted to TV than we'd like to admit. I remember arriving back from uni one year when my parents had just moved to a new house and discovering they'd been unable to get anyone to put a TV aerial up. I tried very hard to appear blase about a TV-free Christmas but I don't think I did a very good job of it as Christmas Eve found my father and I driving round the big electrical superstores looking for the biggest portable TV we could find. It felt like it was made of lead and cost and arm and a leg, but we got to watch our Christmas films which he said was worth every penny. I was still using it 20 years later so maybe it wasn't such a bad investment after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fifitr, I think we all use the TV far more than we will admit. Often I use it for watching DVDs if there is nothing worth watching on the box. It is good chill out time. I am often crocheting when I sit down though. Cannot keep still. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. This sounds a bit familiar to me, being busy and hubby asking for help and there goes my work plan out the window...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth, yes MEN! I think we have looked after them too well over the years. Tiz what it is. Take care and hope you are safe and well. Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts