Crochet Project(s) for the New Year for Next Christmas

I frequently look on Pinterest for ideas and inspiration and I knew that I had seen a snowflake blanket that I had forgotten to bookmark.  However after a bit of trawling around I have located the pattern which is a free pattern on the following link, which links to Simple Crochet Ideas Blog.


This is not my photo but look how pretty this Afghan is:




Snowflake Afghan Instructions

I have also saved the instructions as a pdf in order that I can locate the pattern easily and work through the coming year.  I have in mind a couple of these to make.  There is nothing like a nice stash of quilts or blankets to snuggle under on a cold winter's day.

This blanket is therefore in the to do list.  I think in total I will need 12 balls of wool 200g balls altogether 6 dark 6 light if I have done my conversion right.  I am now looking for some suitable wool. I may end up ordering it online.  The pattern is worked in Hexies which will make a change for me pattern wise. I want to get into a regular pattern of having throws on the go in the background. I am concentrating initially on throws for next Christmas and will see how I get on. I am also hoping to get my patchwork throws started as well I have had some Christmas Jelly Rolls waiting to be worked for the past couple of years so it is about time they were started as well. It will be nice to get sorted out a bit on the crafting front generally.  However, for the time being I am going to be looking to build up my wool stock first of all.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Lovely blanket. I cannot crochet, knit yes. Mostly, I quilt, working on one now for my GD, when finished will start on a new project, not sure which one yet.
    Pinterest gives so many ideas for craft projects, love just looking at them.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia, I think Crochet is my main crafting hobby although I do not consider myself an expert. I am learning how to do basic quilting and hopefully in the next few weeks will be able to knuckle down and play a little bit and learn in the making. Your quilts are absolutely stunning and full of memories for your recipient. Pinterest does give some lovely ideas, sometimes too many but I would rather that than none at all. I am not very good at knitting either! Happy New Year to you too take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. That's gorgeous, but the snowflake pattern would have my head spinning! I would have to bribe Tam to make it!

    I've been checking out kitchen ideas on Pinterest - could easily spend a fortune, but not able to indulge fully!! Just some fresh tiles I expect, curtains (one window has none) and of course the bathroom needs a new bath and tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB,

      It is a beautiful blanket that I have had on my to do list for a couple of years. However when I was searching for the link I had saved I could not locate it so had to go back to scratch looking for it. With working a square at a time, actually helps me keep full rein on what am doing and where I am on the pattern. I am used to squares but never done a hexie so it will be a learning curve for me to start with as well. I am sure Tam would do it for you once you get settled. There are lots of ideas on Pinterest for kitchens. Too many! Just live with it to start with and see what the new house leads you too and then build it from there little by little room by room. Take care and Happy New Year to you. Do you have a moving date yet x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts