Found Kitchen Equipment

 As  I go around the house, I am slowly finding kitchen equipment that I have stored elsewhere and which I know I have but have been unable to find.

One of these items is my Steam Canner which came from the States.  I like this piece of equipment as it is basically a lid and a base with a gauge on the top.  You put water in the base and then similar to a pressure canner you bring the Canner up to temperature (there is a dial in the top of the lid and like a Canner you use the atmospheric pressure for the area you live in to bring the steam canner to its level.  We are under 1000ft pressure here in Peterborough.

You can then sterilise your jars in it, or indeed I find it useful for doing a few bottles of prepared fruit at a time. It is akin to water bottling, but a lot less messier and I think a bit easier.  I would not do veggies or meat in it though as  you need a constant amount of pressure which you get with a pressure canner.  It is however, in my opinion a very useful bit of kit.



I have also found my small Dehydrator it is a VonChef model which I predominantly bought for smaller pieces that needed drying like herbs and green leaves and other smaller projects.  As I have some Kale and Rocket and some herbs to get dried out.  The leaves are for the green powder pot.



I also liberated a couple more of my ceramic mixing bowls and some of my crockery serving bowls for the table which go with my Ivy dinner service.

I also found my cheaper version of an Instant Pot which came from Wilkos, however it is missing its weight at the moment so I need to put a search out for that so that I can get it back working again. Very useful for one pot cooking when you have a crowd that needs feeding. One of these days I am going to find a giant nest with all my missing items in.

So I am very pleased to have found these items as I have a lot of work planned especially for the canner and the dehydrator in the next few days.

As long as I get the small dehydrator going for now.  I need to find a stable surface for the large Excalibur dehydrator to live and so that I can use it easily.  Unfortunately I do not have any room left in the kitchen for it to go.  I may have to put it in the back bedroom out of the way of the cats.

I have also found one of my Pestle & Mortars and also my Mezzaluna herb chopping board.  Still no sign of the Mezzaluna.  Ah well cannot win them all.

Right upwards and onwards loads of stuff to do today.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts