Friday

I and OH were up early today.  He had an appointment at our Doctors for his first part Covid 19 vaccination.  His appointment was 8:30am and he was home for 9:00pm.  He was given the Astra Zenica vaccination. He had heard a lot of comments about people not being too clever after the jab and he has a constant problem with his shoulder joint in that he is always in discomfort so being true to himself.  He got them to inject the side where he had a problem, so that if it was going to affect his arm, it would not be that much too different to normal. Only one side would be out of action.  That is logic for you.  He has been sat down since the middle of the afternoon and I have just asked him how he is and his arm is killing him.  So we shall see how things go on.

About 9:30am the units turned up and then just after 10:00am, the Cornish pasties we had ordered earlier in the week arrived.

We ordered them from a website called Cornwall  Pasties.  The link is here.  

Cornish Pasties

They supply Cornish Pasties in various flavours in boxes of 10 and there are several variations and you can take them in different combinations.  There are also further foodie options via this site as well.

We ordered standard traditional Cornish Pasties a box of 10 for £29.99.  They arrived in a fully insulated box (Polystyrene and I can recycle the box for some of my kitchen projects or garden projects - I think this will be very useful.

Said box was full of ice which was still hard in the bottom of the box when the pasties arrived.  You could freeze these if you wanted to.  We ordered 10 and then split the pasties between ourselves and the children.  We have two left which we might have tomorrow mid-day.  Even the Cook has to have a day off now and then.

After the pasties were delivered I went into town to go to Wilkos to get hold of some stain remover I use regularly to boost my washing powder.  I was successful in stocking up for the next couple of weeks.  It has been a bit hit and miss since the lockdown in being able to get this on a regular basis so I do tend to stock up as I have not been coming into town.

I also came away with two bird feeders and a bag of wild bird seed, some fleece (a couple of rolls for wrapping around seed trays to keep the seedlings warm), a new drain cover.  I also came home with a load of stationery bits and bobs that I needed to stock up on as well, plastic sleeves, new binders, Index cards etc.

I have another organisation project in mind.  When it comes to instruction booklets etc. I am a holy horror.  I therefore thought that I would get this sorted out by putting all instruction books for all the house appliances into a central Lever Arch file so that I can locate stuff when I need it rather than having to go around the house to see if I can find it and turfing things out of the way as I go and making a mess in the process.

I am very much starting to twitch as I want to get some seeds on the go, but I am also very realistic when it comes to the cold and me.  Unfortunately due to auto immune disorders (I have several conditions), I feel the cold really badly even in the middle of summer.  I do get up off my backside and walk around a lot as well, even in colder weather, however if I go cold on the inside as I call it, that means trouble and usually means that I am going to be unwell.  I walked into town today and it started snowing whilst I was walking.  It was a crisp day and I am glad I had a good thick coat on.  However I did forget my gloves so ended up shoving my hands in my pockets to keep them warm.

The next few days forecasts are not good.  I appreciate that we are not having the lower temperatures like the rest of the country and I am starting to believe that I need some sort of anti-freeze injecting into my system to stop me seizing up in the cold weather which I would hope would result in me not feeling the cold as much.  I am hopeful once this next patch of bad weather is over that things will warm up a bit, so that I can get out into the garden and start to sort it out a bit.  One of the greenhouses got put up last year but the other one needs putting up.  Plus the cover blew off the one we did put up so I have quite a bit of practical sorting out to do as well.  Fingers crossed as soon as we get a warmer day I will try and get out and start even if it is only for an hour or so.

I have also bought a load more seeds.  Naughty me.  However will do a separate post on this.  I also saw some plants that I would quite like for the garden.  I therefore may have to go back next week and get the plants I am after for the new growing season ahead. I need to go back for more seeds in any event as I only purchased a small quantity of those I would like.  I love growing seeds from scratch.

I then went to Waitrose and got stocked up on a few basic bits and bobs, some bread flour and some Self-Raising flour for baking and one or two other bits and bobs.  Might nip back there tomorrow.  Shush!

The pasties were lovely.  Full of flavour and lots of meat and veg in them.  The pastry was nice as well.  We shall order again, but have a different combination of pasties next time round. The pasties appear to have been made by Lavenders of Penzance according to the paper bags they were individually packed into.  Had to have something a little different and as we cannot get down to Cornwall at the moment, decided to bring a little bit of Cornwall to Peterborough.

All I did was put them in a low oven to re-heat them and then we just tucked into them.  They were delicious.










This evening, I have done another couple of squares of crochet.  I am now up to 45 squares worked on this particular project.  Have to keep chipping away at it.  Will need to get some more white wool soon as I have decided to give it an overall white border all the way round so that i can get this all finished up and out of the way with.

Then I need some white wool to work the centres of the star blankets that I want to work for next Christmas.  There is a method in my madness somewhere.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  It will be a kitchen day so I will need an early start.  OH wants to start sorting the kitchen sink on Sunday.

I also received my invitation for the Covid 19 injection late this afternoon by text and so that has been booked for next Wednesday for me which is the earliest date offered to me.  I do not like injections, but I am very grateful that it has come through a lot quicker than I had anticipated.  I thought that it would be another four or five weeks at least.

I hope that you are all keeping well and staying safe.

Take care and catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Those pasties sound delicious. When my hubby and I visited Cornwall years ago we had our first Devon Cream Tea in a small tea cafe. I have an appt. for my second Moderna jab next week; good you two are having yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra the pies were gorgeous. I love a cream tea too. Glad you have had your injections. Keep safe Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts