Monday

I did not sleep well last night - up and down like a yo yo.  As a result I ended up sleeping in later as well.  Sometimes I have nights like this and I wish I didn't.  You have to go with the flow though when it happens.  As  I have been a bit sluggish as a result of the oversleep, I have taken today gradually as it were. 

I have now worked 50 out of 60 of the crochet squares.  I hope to get the next 10 worked in the next few days so that I can get the bulk colour out of the way.  I will then be able to work out how many white squares I am going to need.  

I am still not sure how I am going to finish this as my method with blankets of this kind is just to let my hook do the talking and the colours are added in a little at a time until I am happy with how things are flowing.  Trouble is the size of the blanket has also changed to what I had originally anticipated.  I am thinking of working a number of white squares as a surround border for the blanket but also adding some in the central part as well.  Think will work the last 10 squares before I finally make my mind up. White will be the joining colour in any event as I do not have enough of the green left.  So may well have to work a white border around all the squares worked so far. The blanket is for the front bedroom in any event and was anticipated for going on my fiddle back pine rocking chair.  So equally I do not want to go too big either but a generous covering blanket for days where you need to cuddle and keep cozy and warm especially important if you are unwell.

Every free moment is therefore being focused on these last 10 squares.  At the time of starting this I had exactly 10 squares to work. This is now down to 7  5 squares of the main colour.  So only 5 to do.  Hopefully with a bit of luck will get to these tomorrow night.

There is of course all the weaving in of ends to do and also the joining of the squares (after the extra row of white has been worked through every individual one - all 60 of them).

Today from what I have seen of it has been bright sunny and it smacks of the promise of spring.  I am so glad it has warmed up to what it was over the weekend as it was bitter here and a lot worse elsewhere.  If the weather keeps good I shall be into the garden as soon as I can to get the tidying done. We also need some good weather days in order to go to the tip to get rid of some more rubbish.  Planting seeds is preparing for tomorrow and gives you something to look forward to.

Plans for tomorrow are kitchen based and housework.  I want to get stuck in tomorrow as I have my injection scheduled for Wednesday.  So could well end up doing some more crochet on Wednesday afternoon.

Right am off to potter.  Hope all is well in your world.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts