Not much going on here

 ...at the moment.  I am hoping not to tempt providence by voicing my thoughts here.

I have had a mild reaction to the Covid injection in that where they injected me went red and slightly swollen and my arm does hurt. I am so glad I chose my left arm to have the injection into rather than my predominant right hand. No big shakes just a mild reaction and within limits.  This is about par for the course with me.  I have a history of reactions to medications, anaesthetics etc.  Guess it is just the way I am built.  I am not complaining here, just stating as it is a fact for me.  We are all treated the same and yet in reality every single one of us is unique and has different reactions to different things.  Does not mean that things do not work, just perhaps that your system does not tolerate it as well as the next person.

I have done a lot of sleeping and I am getting more and more like a door mouse.  I am hoping that the lighter nights and longer days will put paid to this as there is an awful lot of stuff that I need to be getting on with. predominantly in the garden.  I am itching to get going.  Longer days when they get a bit warmer mean more pottering time for me to do things in the garden without constraints to do this or that.  We also have a shed and a garden to sort out.  Hopefully according to the forecast we are due some warmer days in this coming week.  I am hoping we will be able to take advantage of this.

Whilst I have been being kind to myself and "resting".  I have worked a square or two on the new scrap blanket.  Not full squares just working several in rounds and building up layer by layer.  It has been easy to pick this up and put it down again.  I need to be in a more focused state of mind for working on the other blanket, plus I need more wool to finish it off. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get into town this week to bring more home so it may well be sometime this coming week.

I am however finding recipes to try in this coming preserving year, new ones in old books that I have flicked through time and time again but which have never tried.  All of a sudden I take a fancy to the recipe and then I just have to try it.  I am also locating some new preserving books which I have added to my Amazon list which look promising.  Going to have to save the pennies up first though but at least I have the details so should be able to locate when I am ready.

Hopefully things will start to pick up again in the next day or two.  Meanwhile I am taking advantage of the down time.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I can have a reaction to almost anything, strangely I was ok with the Covington vaccine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, a lot of people do react. I have a list of about six medications that I cannot take including Tramadol which makes me violently sick. It is meant to be a muscle relaxant but just does not suit my system. My arm has gone down and stopped hurting now thank goodness. I do hope you and Edwin are keeping well and safe. Take care sweetheart xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts