Sunday Roundup

Since my earlier post, I have been sorting out a big box of needlework kits and ephemera that had got into a bit of a state.  I have ended up re-bagging a lot of it but it is now all nicely sorted.  Needless to say I have found lots more lovely things that will need working in a future.  One of the designs is a cat laying nonchalantly on a piano keyboard.   It is a ginger cat and reminds me very much of my lovely boy Tyson so one  I will get worked soon.  It is quite a few years since we lost him bless him. It is a cross stitch and so I am hoping to get stuck in on this as it not too big a design sometime soon. 





I have also dug out a Christmas project which is cross stitch again and which I intend to work through the year hopefully in readiness for Christmas 2021.  It is a pre-printed cross stitch design and I would quite like to start this as soon as I can. I have not started this at the time of typing this.  Promise.  Even if I limit this to working one night a week so it builds gradually I will do this.  I have had it for a lot of years and it is about time it was worked.  Even though the design does not show it I then want to work extra borders around it to make it very individual so will see how I go on this.  Now to locate an embroidery frame of which I have several in safe places.  There were lots of lovely things in this particular box which I would like to get worked.  However, I want this crochet blanket out the way with first.  It is a bit bulky and between two carrier bags at the moment so needs to be out of the way.

There is then of course all my sewing I want to do. I have various fabrics and projects already to go at.  However there are further projects which require further fabrics, but I will get to those in due course.  Will deal with what I have first.  What I will probably do in respect of this is get everything ready and then do a sewing marathon.  Might be the only way for me to do it in the longer term but I want to start getting stuff made up as soon as I can.  So much beautiful stuff.  I know that I am lucky.  Very lucky.

How did I end up with so much.  Well it started really after I got divorced and went back home to mum and dad.  To keep myself occupied I started crafting and got seriously addicted.  It has gone on from there as whenever I had the ability to do so and saw kits or charts that I wanted to do if I had the ability to buy them then I did. I have never been a drinker or a smoker and my hobbies have always been of a practical purpose and my pocket money has over the years gone towards purchasing things like this. Obviously I go without if I cannot.  One of the bonuses for me in purchasing this way has meant that in times of difficulty I have always had something to keep myself occupied with as in current times.  I have my crochet at the moment.  It also means that I am slowly getting things made for my home that are a bit different to everyone else.  My home has always been my main weakness as I appreciate individuality.  I am pretty easily pleased, just a bit different in what floats my boat as it were.  The creative streak.

Dinner was extremely tasty.  I cooked it on an onion sliced into thick quarters and then the onion is used to balance the joint on.  I added a good sprinkle of white pepper, a pinch of mixed herbs, and some hot water.  I then topped off the joint with a lid of foil.  This keeps the meat nice and tender but also gives you a good base for the gravy.  In the end I did not do roasties and ended up with mashed potato.  I also served peas, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and Yorkshire pudding.  It was a lovely warm meal though for an extremely bitter day.  As usual there is plenty left for tomorrow.





 I was going to cook pudding for afterwards but I am so glad I did not as we are stuffed.  I have my eye on a homemade Treacle Sponge.  It is seriously talking to me.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts