Charting the progress of my Lap Quilt Week Three

Sunday 28 March 2021

Total time engaged thus far 51 hours and 45 minutes

As I was unwell towards the latter part of last week there were three nights when I did no work at all on my embroidered lap quilt.

Sunday night was the first time I was able to get to it.  I started working at 7:45pm and finished at 1:45am a total of 6 hours.

I have been working on the wreath part of the design which took me some time to do with the first colour and it would appear that the second colour is also causing a similar issue.

The wreath as it was when I started.




Part way through last night's sewing.






And when I finished at 1:45am.  So there has been quite a bit worked.  I think the next part of the stitching will take a couple of days to complete this colour on this part of the design.




Engaged 6 hours

Total time engaged: 57 hours and 45 minutes


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday 29 March 2021

Late getting to the embroidery due to a late tea.

Eventually got sat down at 9:00pm to start and worked until 2:00am = 5 hours.  

Got quite a bit of work done overall which I am pleased with.




Slowly getting there.  Have now worked all the second red colour on this motif.

Tomorrow will be working the Poinsettia motif again.

Total time engaged: 62 hours and 45 minutes

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday 30 March 2021




Engaged from 8:00pm until 1:00am = 5 hours.  Finished off the second red colour on the Poinsettia motif.  This has taken quite a time to do and at least now he bulk of the work has been completed on this one.

Total time engaged: 67 hours and 45 minutes

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday 31 March 2021






Started working embroidery at 8:00pm until 2:00am = 6 hours

Had quite a successful night with working on two motifs, a present box and bells motifs.

Worked from 8:00pm until 2:00am = 6 hours.
Worked late as I wanted to get this motif done which did not quite manage.  So that will be reported in the next installment.

Total time engaged: 73 hours 45 minutes

Working through the threads colour by colour is really helping me with this although it means going from motif to motif.  Hopefully by the time I have finished it should look as it is meant to.  There has certainly been a substantial time outlay but I am enjoying it still.  I sit of an evening listening to the TV and working away and it is good to be producing something at the end of the day.

Another instalment next week.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. Gosh, you are putting some time in working on this. Well done, it's coming together beautifully. You are obviously a night owl though - I am an early bird! I work far better at things earlier in the day, same applies to walking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, yes a lot of time and work gone in so far although for the past three days have not got to any. Am hoping to do some this evening. I have always been a bit of an Owl waking up when it is time to go to bed and then first thing of a morning I am not good company. Yet I do love the calm and peace of the Dawn and listening to the birds. Hope you are enjoying the walking again x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts