Easter Sunday 2021

Has been a quiet affair.  The icing on the cake for me is that despite inclement weather being forecast, it has turned into the most glorious sunny day with blue skies and it has not been very cold.  Now I have tempted fate!

I bought some more Daffodils yesterday.  They really cheer me up on a dull day.  I shall use the dried flower heads like I have from the recent bunches of this perky and cheery flower to use in pot pourri later on in the year.  I had planned on doing some Easter decorating but unfortunately real life got in the way.  Like Christmas decorations, I have an Easter box with various Easter decorations in, plus table linen and Easter crockery including chicken egg cups, Chicken Egg holders.  I shall plan things a little differently for next year, plus there were one or two projects that I wanted to have a go at this year but ran out of time on so this will give me an opportunity to have a play in readiness for next year as it were.

A lazy pottering day today apart from the fact that I have a lovely de-boned leg of lamb in the oven.  It has been studded with garlic and then had mint jelly slathered all over with a little drop of oil and some mixed herbs in the water as this will be used as the basis for the gravy.










We have some new veggies well to be precise I am trying some Jerusalem Artichokes which I have never had before and am going to roast these as well as some potatoes.  




There are also some sliced green beans, cauliflower, peas, carrot and broccoli.  

I am serving a light pudding today some Strawberries and cream.  I have rhubarb to make OH a crumble with some forced rhubarb (a considered treat) but that will be for tomorrow.




Dinner was lovely and there is still loads of meat left to have during the week.  Might make a posh Shepherd's pie as we have not had that for sometime and it is very tasty.  

However, unfortunately I am not a fan of Jerusalem Artichokes.  They to me smell florally as they are cooking and indeed when eating.  OH did not mind them but was ambivalent about them so I do not think we will be having again.  Was something that we had not had so was worth the effort.  

Tomorrow is another day we have Turkey for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I cooked jerusalem artichokes for the first time recently too, and I wasn't impressed. My roasted ones had a slight crunch to them no matter how long I cooked them for - well, I took them out before they turned to charcoal but they had a lot longer than the potatoes and still stayed a bit too firm - and the soup I made with others came out somewhat gluey in texture and didn't really taste of much. Given the cost, we decided not to bother again either. But if you don't try you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fifitr, I had to try them but they are not my sort of thing. OH was not really keen either although as you said didn't taste of much - but I did not like what they did taste of! Will not be a repeat performance here. I boiled mine first like roast potatoes. Ah well you live and learn. Hope you are keeping well. Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts