It has been a funny old day

 I overslept this morning and have spent the best part of the day catching up as I have not been firing on all cylinders.  

Missy decided that her Dad was fair game this morning, and decided to give him a wash and rinse.  I am not sure how she is going to accomplish the tumble dry though?





I also had an appointment at the Hospital today which went well. I have been cleared for surgery after having several checks at the clinic today. There was a little consternation though as I had low blood sugar when they tested my blood, but with some apple juice and a biscuit that soon came back to what is considered normal at 4.5.  I had had a bowl of porridge early in the morning,  and then a beef bun before going to the hospital.  Everything is okay though.

Because I was cold, even though I was wrapped up, I was having a bad Raynaud's attack this morning, which I think together with the rest of the soft-tissue connection issues and autoimmune conditions I have, I do not think helped.  According to the nurse it can in certain circumstances impact.  They have trouble getting blood out of me at the best of times as my veins disappear and do not give up the blood easily.  It is just one of those things.  

The Nursing staff were super and so was the Anaethetist.  I must say having met her I have complete confidence in her. She went through my medical history in some detail in view of the fact that I was not too good when I had my last surgery.  She thinks that a lot of my problems last time were due to my temperature dipping too low. She has asked me to try and lose a little more weight though before the surgery which will help a lot in the longer run.  It is something I am constantly working on, but not primarily by diet as I go out and about and walk quite a lot frequently walking into town, walking round town and then walking back again.  So I think I need to update my steps per day.  Trouble is I do not have my phone on me all the time so does not always record all my steps.

So when the key hole surgery will take place I do not know.  I suspect it will be later on next year, as from what I have been told there is apparently quite a waiting list as a result of the Covid situation.  It is what it is and that cannot be helped. At least I am on the list which I am grateful for.

On the way out of the hospital I nipped into WH Smith and bought a couple of Christmas magazines.  More on that in a later post.

We have had dry fried gammon and pineapple for tea tonight.  I did not have much not a full gammon steak and certainly no fat as it was far too much for me though. I do not cook the pineapple as OH and I do not like the fact that the pineapple then takes on some of the salt from the gammon we like it plain as we feel that it cuts the saltiness of the gammon that much more and is a fresher eat.  Tomorrow I think it will be a good hearty stew and maybe with some dumplings for OH.  I am not keen on dumplings!

Back to the hard slog tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan 

x

Comments

  1. It sounds like your Hospital appt. went well. Always good to meet the people who will be dealing with the Op.

    The stew sounds like a good plan, and avoiding the dumplings is good if you have to lose weight. More exercise is good for health but it doesn't really make for weight loss, which is a darn shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, the exercise is what keeps my weight down and is how I have lost so much over the past 10 years from a size 24 to size 16/18 now. These days I do not eat very much as I have problems with swallowing food which is all part of the Scleroderma and Hiatus Hernia conditions apparently. In the past I have been on a monitored Doctors diet and just not lost anything. A lot of the girls in our family have always been big girls. I have always been one of the smaller ones. The walking serves several purposes for me, gives me time to think and focus, keeps me moving with the arthritis and is useful in pain control which this time of year as we go into the colder weather becomes more prevalent. It also keeps me reasonably fit although there is always room for improvement. The problem with the weight is the BMI and the Doctor thought that I was on the right track, but needed to tweak things a bit more which is what I am aiming to do. Am quite happy to cook things for OH but I do not always go along with his choice of food and have had to explain to him that I am going to have to watch the fat as the bile is released to dissolve it and that irritates the stomach which ends up with people throwing up. Not nice. The problem with dealing with all the conditions that have been labelled with is that you do not always know which one is kicking off as they all give off similar symptoms and managing them together with the epilepsy and still managing to live and love life is quite a challenge at time. One that I am up for but equally will not be defined by these issues. They are there, a part of me whether I like it or not. At times they are a blooming nuisance and I get very frustrated at times, but life goes on. I was taught to fight and get on with it. My medical conditions are not going away and are not an excuse but at the end of the day everything has to be balanced. I believe she is a very good Doctor I took to her which I do not often do with medical practitioners but I really liked her.

      I hope that you are keeping well and that your asthma has calmed down a little again. I know it is the bane of your life too. Trouble is I think that we are both too independent in that we very much like to do things for ourselves. You take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. I know a few posts ago you talked about getting a Cricut machine - have you considered the Brother Scan and Cut? They are more expensive but you can scan images etc. into them and then cut them out from a range of materials up to about 2mm thick (so strong card etc.). You have to be careful about copyright in some cases but it means you could make your own tree decs. etc. and lots of people do vinyl to decorate jars and t-shirts and such. I'm not affiliated to Brother or anything but have read along for a while and know how much you enjoy crafting etc. I bought myself a Scan and Cut last year and although I have only done fairly basic things (cards gift boxes and a wreath so far) it does seem the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Aileen, I have only recently set eyes on a Scan and Cut machine. I have not read much about them but it is something that I intend to investigate. I was looking at a machine embroidery site the other day and it was on there. Thank you for mentioning it, in any event as I do like to explore all possibilities and get as much as I can for my money. Whether it will be this year I will manage to get one this year or next. It will be a considered buy in any event, but as you so rightly say the scope and potential of what it can do plays a very important part and helps you to create all sorts of lovely things. What sort of things have you made so far would love to see some pictures. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts