Sunday and Monday Roundup

 I apologise profusely for not blogging much recently I have a very scarce commodity at the moment and that is time and I am also going through a "fatigue" period again.

However, I will try and give an outline of what has been going on for the past few days.

Sunday

Was a quiet day for the best part. I went into the kitchen and started doing a bit of tidying and then set to to cook the Two Rib of Beef we had bought from the Farm Shop on Friday.

This is what we started with:



A beautiful joint.

Part way through cooking:



And a nice deep Yorkshire Pudding to accompany it cooked in a deep square pan.



And this is how it turned out:

His




And Hers




Absolutely delicious and really tasty. At least three or four meals out of this including the sundry bits like bones.

Monday

I have been out today and not at home much.  I ended up going to Waitrose to top up on a few things for the next few days.  Ended up buying carrots, swede, parsnips, Broccoli, Green sliced Beans, and several other things that were needed. I need to go back hopefully later in the week to source flour and bread flour and one or two other basic things that I normally get from there.  I particularly like their own brand Canadian Strong Bread Flour which you can also make pasta from. I also bought in a couple of more jars of Sarson's vinegar.  They have changed the size of the jars, instead of being a tall straight jar like this:



They are now dumpier more like a pickled cucumber jar, like this:



A comparison between the two jars.



Will get there buying  a few things at a time, and being able to get the ingredients I actually want.


We have had a repeat performance on the meal front, except I cooked fresh veggies.  Tonight we had the remnants of the mashed potato and roasties and Yorkshire pudding from yesterday.  I cooked fresh sliced green beans, broccoli, carrots and peas.  Has gone down very nicely again.

This is the amount of meat sliced up and left over from yesterday that I started with today.



There is still a load of meat left which will be used up another day.



Tea tonight:

His



and

Hers




Tomorrow

Tomorrow I am going to be engaged in household duties again.  It is never-ending at the moment but will get there.

We are not having anymore Roast Rib of Beef tomorrow.  I have some Italian sausages and so am going to cook them with mixed roasted veggies, which is a favourite here.  Will be a lighter meal but also hopefully the meal will tempt the palate.

There is a load of meat left over from the Sunday roast, that will be used later in the week either in sarnies, in a stew or in a stir fry.  So nothing will go to waste.  I also have the bones and will turn that into some stock for some soups I intend to make during the week.  I have a leftover shelf in the fridge where I assemble all items apart from veggies (unless they are cooked) .  I can easily see them and so can use them up rather than waste anything.

However more about that in an upcoming post.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts