Mixed Bag

Well today started early as predicted.  Up at 7:00am not firing on all pistons, but that's about normal these days. Out of the house for 8:00am. It was freezing and I could not find my gloves not good and I ended up with hot aches. Started tidying the Herb garden pavement so that the units ordered can be stacked outside of the back door which is the easiest place to put them bearing in mind everything is in the kitchen.  The largest item is the new worktop and that is quite heavy, so ideal location for it as it can be cut here too.

ETA of delivery men 9:06am until 11:06am.  So in the interim I also set about the passageway and swept that, washed the dining room and kitchen windows, swept in front of the house on the street and cleared all the leaves and cobwebs from the front door and the pavement.  We have another visit to the tip planned, probably on Monday as we have the old units to take out and dispose of, plus some more stuff that is being disposed of.  Popped to the shop for some bin liners so have plenty ready to go.  Now to wait for their arrival.  Was just about to make a hot coffee to warm me up when they arrived.

Lovely gentleman who unloaded everything for me.  They indicated that they had started work at 6:00am and had come from Harlow in Essex, but apparently the traffic was not too bad.

After the delivery, I came in and sat for a while to try and warm up a bit.  I grabbed a large cup of coffee and have slowly started to warm up.  I am hopeful that we will start the kitchen tomorrow.  OH not a 100% so has been left to his own devices.  Meanwhile I have a full day planned as usual and the cats need feeding before I do anything else.  The wails are a bit pitiful as they call for their breakfast anyone would think that they were never fed, which is far from the truth. They are fed in the morning and at night.  They are very loving though.

After dealing with the delivery men, I came back into the house had another cup of coffee and fell asleep.  I was out for the count for a good couple of hours.  Very unlike me, but there we are I do not have much energy at the moment which I am putting down to the lack of Vitamin D. It is still early days apparently with the medication and it is likely to take a little while for me to build my reserves up again.   Oh well these things are sent to try us, and at least I listened to my body.

I have been pottering around doing the odd things here and there since, nothing major but will get back on track tomorrow as I intend to have an early night tonight and start afresh again in the morning.  This evening I have been sat doing a little more knitting; it is growing very slowly so nothing too strenuous.  We have had spaghetti Bolognese for tea tonight, nice quick and simple.  Nice and simple which is what was required, but very tasty.  Its simple things that often bring the most pleasure.

Tomorrow I am planning on getting stuck in and starting in the kitchen; whether it will be done in a day or a couple of days does not matter as long as it gets done. There is quite a bit to do. There will still be a few things to get in, but that is what happens when you end up doing a kitchen a bit at a time, but at least it is getting done.

Take care wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts