#everybitcountschallenge Day 21, August 2022 Bits and Bobs kind of day


A bits and bobs sort of day.  Checked on the Orange wine and that is bubbling along very nicely.  It is bubbling well and doing its own thing.  So nothing stuck everything is working as it should be.



I have made up some Orange vinegar for use a cleaner and disinfectant from Orange skins I had left over to run alongside the Lemon vinegar I made a few weeks ago.  I have saved the original vinegar bottles into which to decant the finished vinegar for the store cupboard and so that I can get another batch on the go as well.  I have popped both of these jars onto the windowsill out of the way and to do their own thing.  Both jars originally had lids, but both were broken.  I have therefore utilised a seal from a well known coffee creamer powder (the red one) to make use of the orange jar.  I have yet to find a suitable lid for the other jar, but until then cling film will have to do.  These jars are expensive to buy and I hate it when things get broken.  Down to using what I have around me and making the most of it.  Waste not, Want not.

I am also not keeping this in the same room where I have my Demijohns bubbling - I do not want vinegar fly in the wine (not to say there would be, but something I am always conscious of and so to stop tempting fate we keep them separate.




I have also started off another batch of Toasted nuts in honey.  I thought I had a couple of packets of almonds, but could only locate one at the time of starting this.  Toasted the nuts in a frying pan until warmed through.  Decanted some of the nuts into clean jar and then added a little honey, then nuts and a little honey.  More will be added after purchase later today.  Makes a lovely dressing for the top of ice cream and can also be used in baking etc.






More produce to go into the Pantry later on today, that is if I can squeeze it in.









I have also been adding the odd jar of this or that as I go along to the dresser shelves.  As I find spices and other items I am decanting them where I can into storage jars and labelling up.  Slowly like the Phoenix order is being restored.

I also continued to nurture the Sourdough as best I can.  The dough when I split it into two was light and fluffy, and better than the last time I made it.

 



Then splitting it into two loaves.




More on this later on.  Lets just say it was late by the time I went to bed!

So lots of "potterings" going on around the house today.  Lots of little bits being done and nurturing things along a little bit more.

The Blackberry wine will be decanted into its Demijohn this evening.  Which reminds me I need to get the yeast active for this for later on.

I have also been sorting out the kitchen and getting equipment back into the proper cupboards.  I am looking to move my Dehydrator into the Dining room on top of my Tumble Drier (we have a small house and this is the only place I can keep the Tumbler). It will be far easier for me to access this here than where it is at the moment.  I shall then put my very large Steam Canner, and Stock pots and Maslin pans where the Dehydrator is at the moment.  There is therefore an awful lot of other work that is going on behind the scenes.  I am attempting to restore order to this household one way or another.

Right off to pottle.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts