Jobs for the Day

 Well as usual jobs did not go the way that I had planned.  I am going to give up trying to organise myself at this rate.  Some work did go on in the dining room; this then entailed me sorting out some stuff I did not know was in there.  Bits and bobs from this and bits and bobs from that.  Have rescued them and am now trying to put them back with their missing bits.  Do not want to go chucking something out unnecessarily.  Well, that is my excuse, and I am sticking with it!

Whilst putting the washing out in the garden earlier in the afternoon I found a little surprise lurking in the greenery from my grapevine.  A couple of small bunches of grapes.  Not totally ripe but the black ones are really sweet.  I have taken them off the vine because of where they were, and I am hoping that they will finish off ripening in the back bedroom window where they will be out of the way.  Unfortunately, I am not aware of the variety of grape, but I do like them.



At least we have a nice tea this evening; a Barnsley Lamb chop each.  Have not had Lamb in a little while, so a bit of a treat.  At least we eat and do well considering the greater picture.  We have mashed potato, petit-pois, carrots and Broccoli with gravy to accompany the chops.  There are then Strawberries and Cream for afters. Yummy.  I think I have died and gone to heaven!





My plans for early evening, were to tackle one of my preserving jobs.  I have plums in the fridge to make Plum jelly, and I therefore want to start that off, to complete tomorrow.  That will be another project out of the way with then.  I still would like to locate some more, as I have other plum projects to be tackled.  The greengrocers have been shut this week though and I think they will be back at the shop tomorrow.

Unfortunately, that did not happen.  So that will certainly be done tomorrow, amongst other jobs that need doing.

Today I have been shopping and come back with some Bananas for making Banana bread, Peaches to put in syrup.  There were four packs x 3 = 12 peaches for £2 a pack of 3, but if you bought two packs you ended up with a further £1 reduction (i.e. £3 for two packs of Peaches instead of £4).. Must say that they are very nice Peaches, and they will get processed tomorrow.  I have never processed peaches before, so this is a new one for my repertoire.  If I could locate some reduced Peaches would want to make some Peach wine amongst other things.  Will have to have a look tomorrow or mosey along sometime during the week.  I have a lovely recipe for Five Spiced Peaches, which is Peaches in a vinegar syrup which you serve with cold meats or indeed a Cheese Board.

I have also bought butter, lard, sugar (2 packs) and that has been it for today.  All useful basic stuff apart from the Peaches which will be a treat.  

School report for today is.  Must do Better!.

I am therefore channelling my inner energy to do just that tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts