Jobs to do Today Friday


Yesterday, I was not firing on all cylinders having not slept very well the night before.  I did my usual caretaking chores and  I burped the Ginger Beer, and we lost a bottle.  It was a little too fizzy and I was not quick enough in responding.  I therefore had a sticky mess to mop up.

As the under-stair cupboard is more or less done - not everything but have some more stuff to get in there but it needs sorting first, I have started tidying the window corner of the dining room last nigh.  Only tiny steps, but a lot of rubbish went into the bin last night.  There is more to sort in this corner too.

I hope I can carry on in this vein tomorrow, as the more I sort, the more I am finding, and then that item needs a home. I have a pile of paperwork that I found that needs sorting out and put in a binder if possible.  A lot of it is to do with my Family Tree research, but there is other stuff too.
 
I have in the circumstances prepped up this small list of things to do today. I am keeping it short, as if I overwhelm my task list that is when things start to spiral.  I need to keep this in check.  I also thought that it would help me focus on what needs to be achieved 

I would like to get to my preserving sometime today too. Maybe a bit later will get there. So going back to the cupboard under the stairs, to the side of this doorway is my second Dresser and this is where I plan to start.
  1.  Sort out the top of the second Dresser.  I have a load of old Bread Crocks, and also Rumtopf pots that I use frequently in Rumtopf and in pickling and also for Mincemeat.  These need to be out of the way and the top shelf will be an ideal place to store these.  These are not my stone storage crocks which I am hoping to get into the Pantry when that is sorted, where they are completely out of the way.
  2. I have some alcoholic liqueur type drinks.  I thought I had lost the lot last year, but it would appear not. They need to be filtered and bottled.  I found four separate jars this morning. The bonus from this is that I not only have some Winter drinking, I also get back the use of some of my large preserving jars. I think that there is Sloe, Passion Fruit, Raspberry and Mixed fruit Gin and possibly Vodka.  Cannot remember what I made.  I may actually deal with these at the end of the day, so that I can concentrate on the Dresser itself.
  3. I then need to sort out the second shelf (going downwards on the second Dresser). Lots of bits and bobs have been put on the shelf out of the way and need popping back in their homes. In fairness they have been brought in from other areas of the house, so need sorting.
  4. Then there is the top of the Dresser.  It will be nice to get this one back in order, as a lot of my tableware is kept on here.  I also have two Ivy Leaf three tier cake stands that go on this Dresser, which goes with my Ivy Vine crockery (from BHS) and which I have added to over the years. I bought one cake stand from new and then luckily found the second in a charity shop.
  5. The sideboard part of the Dresser will then have to be cleaned and sorted out and organised a bit better than it has been.
That potentially should keep me going all day.  I want to get as much of this done as I can as there are other rooms to sort, namely the Front room will be on the list after the Dining room.

Fingers crossed it will be a good day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts