No Sunday Lunch Today

Midday we had some more of the stew that I made last night. It was a cold morning and the decision to have some of this turned out to be the right one as it certainly warmed us up.  I only made half a pot of the stew yesterday (our machine is the large Foodi machine), and after a couple of big bowls again today, there is still one large bowl available for himself for tomorrow.  We will be having more stew during the week as I have some Beef skirt to use up both for a stew and also for a pie!




No proper joint of meat today but something equally as tasty.  I had seen a recipe for a tray bake using veggies for roasting together with sausages and then a mustard sauce which I was eager to try on #islandcrofter on Instagram.  However, OH vetoed it as he is not a fan of mustard.  I had sausages in the fridge and I had an array of veggies that I could roast in the fridge as well.  It seemed to me a perfect way of using them up; however, on this occasion it was not to be.

Never mind back to the drawing board.

Bearing in mind it was a traybake and reasonably quick to do, I decided to use a long standing and favourite recipe where we normally buy in Italian sausage.  As I have said just ordinary Sage sausages were available to me today and they needed using up.  

I therefore prepared carrot, squash, sweet potato, potato, onion, leek and red pepper sprinkled with homemade Rosemary salt and a little oil.  I had these prepped first as the sausages would not take long to cook and I wanted the veggies all nice and roasted before then. The potatoes, sweet potato, squash, carrot were blanched in boiling water for a few minutes.  








Then the veggies went into the roasting pan with the onion.  Once the veggies started to brown then in went the leek and red pepper.

It came out quite well and has been a lovely tasty meal which has gone down very well.




It has not been a particularly warm day today, and we have not yet put the heating on.  It may be that day is drawing near where we start to have it on in the evening to keep the house a bit cosier.

I have a lot to do foodwise this week as well as in the house.  Will see how things go though.

Hope you have all had a nice peaceful weekend.  Tomorrow is going to be a sad day where we say farewell to our much loved Queen.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts