The First of the Christmas Magazines



I have bought the first of the Christmas magazines today. A treat as I have not bought any magazines for a while. I have opted for the Country Living mag as they usually have a very good Christmas magazine.  The photography is excellent.  

There are some really good cooking ideas in there, a pork belly Porchetta recipe which looks lush (we like Porchetta here) and a few different recipes to make by way of gifts there is a spice Granola mix to make.  



I think that they may be doing what they did last year in that they presented a Christmas edition to buy separately and then in the final monthly magazine of the month for the year, put quite a lot of the ideas into the final magazine.  For me at the moment, most of the funds are going towards living and energy costs and I therefore have not been indulging in magazines.  Not that I do not want them, it is just that I have other priorities at the moment.

There are some lovely articles by a whole range of different people, most Christmas orientated.  There is an interesting interview with Genevieve Harris who is on Instagram and registered as "Mrs Trufflepig" and photos of her lovely old home.

I do not know about you, but I always save my Christmas magazines so that I can turn to them year after year after year; in effect they become a sort of "Christmas Treasury" for ideas, recipes and inspiration, which often in turn inspires something I do for myself.

I have enjoyed having this magazine to read and it will join eventually the rest of my stack of Christmas magazines.  I am now saving pennies up for another one in a week or two's time hopefully.  Need to have a good look at what Christmas magazines are available.

I had hoped to do some work in the kitchen today; however energy levels have been a bit iffy again.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

In real life I have cooked a Cottage Pie for tea this evening.  I forgot to take photos. However, it is not as if I have not shown Cottage Pie photos before!  Very unlike me not to take a piccy or two, however I was eager for my tea this evening as I was hungry and cold.  Today has been a bit grey and damp and it gets into my bones.  Was therefore very grateful for the Cottage Pie warming me up from the inside out.

Right am off, going to attempt to do a bit of crochet to my blanket. Have not touched it since we got back from holiday.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I had a 5 hour train journey last week, so popped into the station WHSmith to treat myself to a magazine. This seemed best value! Did you notice how many of the Crafting ideas were"green" - involving recycling, avoiding plastic etc. (I was amused that every page showing a candle had a safety warning on it somewhere. It became a Where's Wally? type game to find them. As you say, some good articles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, yes totally agree on vfm and on the "green" approach. That pleased me as much as some of the bought decorations are lovely they actually can deteriorate in their storage boxes. I have had some garlands with coated berries perish despite being kept in a safe and warm environment. I would rather use natural where I can (not always possible) but then at least can compost it and recycle afterwards. My Nan always had natural decorations and the doorways to both the front and back door were always decorated with natural foliage as well. I love proper candles especially in the autumn/winter months adds its own warmth and ambience. I am always mindful of where I put them and have a snuffer next to whichever one I have on and never many.xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts