Busy, Busy, Busy

Today have been back in the Study/Craft room.  Have made some more progress although it is slow.  One of the big things I have managed to get sorted today is get the computer and the printer onto the larger desk.  On my dad's old, and battered desk (I am a sentimental so and so and have not been able to let it go plus it is still very useful for me), I have shifted my sewing machine and my embroidery machine onto there. Together with my Big Shot paper cutter.  I want to craft, when I want to craft, and thought that this might be the easier way of dealing with things, so that I can just go and sit and sew with the machine on some of the smaller projects I still have outstanding.  I also want to seriously get stuck in on some patchwork and learn how to use my embroidery machine.  Have had a quick look but need to get to grips with this.  If it is set up and easy to access, it should make life a lot easier for me.  I also need to store all the attachments and bits and bobs for that machine and my other machine under the larger desk in containers under the desk and out of the way.

I have also been sorting out other UFO projects, as yet again I want to get stuck in on them.  I thought that as I finished a few projects here and there would pop them up here when completed in order that I have a visual record of them.  Plus, I need them sorted and done as I have an awful lot of new projects waiting in the wings.  I have the embroidered Christmas quilt as well.  I may well try and do that first.  I have my small craft lamp on the desk, and once I get that going (I need a new bulb) I should be able to do finer work such as embroidery and cross stitch.

I have not done any crafting per se since we came back from holiday.  I need to finish the crafts I started there.  Now that we are into the darker months I intend to when I sit down of an evening have one of the projects on the go.  My crafting encompassed many different types of crafting.  There are some knitted jumpers that need finishing off as I need them for the cooler months.  A lot of projects have been placed in bags in the back room which is the junk room, and I have a load of stuff to clear out of there as well.  I also have loads of material. At the moment I just do not know what projects are in there.  In these darker months, I want to make significant progress and get as much of these projects done and dusted.  

Next Spring and Summer I intend to plant up a garden which I did not get to this year because I knew that we would be away. A decision I regret. I have two mini greenhouses as well as a medium sized greenhouse.  I will get my stepdaughter to come and water-up if we should perchance go away to Cornwall, she loves plants and gardening too.  I taught her when she was young.  I therefore plan in the warmer months to concentrate on the garden and do a bit of crafting here and there, but the emphasis will be on the garden.  

As a side issue, I also have a lot of paperwork to sort out.  I am therefore going to be spending a short period each day, in trying to organise this and in order that I can located stuff when we need it. I have all the facilities it is just that I have not done the filing for a little while.

I also keep recipes, either recipe cards from well-known supermarkets or handwritten recipes.  I have also spent some time today in getting those into folders.  The fine tuning and indexing will come another day.  This is where I keep a lot of my preserving recipes

It has been quite a busy day, and I will be having another serious go at getting the study/craft room sorted a bit more.  As with most jobs though, it is finding homes for the itty-bitty things that causes the most problem.  Will get there.

We also had a lovely tea tonight. Our first roast in a few weeks.  A Rib of Beef bought last week was had, together with homemade Yorkshire pudding, petit-pois, mashed potato, roast potato, roast parsnip, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.  I made a slightly thicker gravy today and it went down very nicely and was very tasty.  As per usual I cooked double the amount, and we have another duplicate meal tomorrow which will be a ping job.  It was very tasty.  And the Yorkshire Pudding, boy did it grow until I switched the oven off!  If there is any meat left over after tomorrow's tea, I also have a new recipe to try for another day which will make use of items I already have to hand.  A new one to me though.




Quite an industrious day, therefore.  Will be the same again tomorrow.

Am going to do a couple of rows on my crochet blanket whilst sitting down for the rest of the evening. I want to be able to sit under this, this autumn.  I tend to work quickly with crochet in any event, as it grows a lot quicker than knitting. I cannot sit and do nothing always have to be pottering around doing something.



Catch you soon.

Pattypan

xx


Comments

Popular Posts