A little surprise

I have always been brought up with the attitude to look for the best in each and every day even if things on the surface look particularly bleak.  It need not and should not always be about our own egos, but about helping others as we go along. Even if it is just what you call normal everyday things.  To the recipient that simple assistance or act could mean the whole world to them no matter how small.

When you are in "no man's land" you do not always see things as they should be seen, especially if that little voice hammering away in your head convinces you that you are below par.  Even if the day is not particularly easy, remember it is a means to an end and the goal is to get through it. Remember the following day is a brand-new page.

I was a bit out of sorts yesterday, but I had spent the whole day stripping out and washing out the study/craft room. All walls, skirtings and floor have been scrubbed. Pulling furniture out re-homing spiders - outside OH is not keen on spiders and guess who gets to remove them; (they always get into the house at this time of the year) and getting rid of a load of rubbish.  That is this room all done and dusted on a deep clean level.  I also hurt quite a bit from my efforts and once I got off to sleep, slept deeply.




I was therefore very pleased and happy to find out that I was a lucky recipient of a give-away I had taken part in from The Range, to win an Oasis Christmas Wreath kit. It certainly did lift my mood. It is not often things like this happen to me, however I am going to enjoy working and making this kit.  I have holly leaves and berries, bay leaves and fir which I can use as well as wild Teasels in the wreath plus some of the dried stuff I have been putting up in preparation for Christmas decorating.  This little win is most serendipitous in view of the preparations I have already in hand.

A little bit of sunlight in a grey cold "Winter" day. (well it was this morning and it rained quite heavily again.

What a difference a couple of hours makes.  Now nice and bright and the sun has come out to play.

Right am off to get on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Well done on your win. I hope you will find time this week to get started on it. Looks like it will be beautiful with all of the bits and pieces you already have. Sorry you overdid it with the cleaning and tidying. You will have to try and spread things out over two days so you aren't so bushed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts