Missing in Action

 Sorry have not posted for a day or so.  Everything is okay.  Just have a lot on my plate at the moment as I am busy sorting my dining room out.  Taking far longer than expected, but I no longer have the speed of my youth and I am still battling a very sore arm.  Being right-handed and the side that is playing up is not good but have to deal with what we have.

Also, other household tasks going on as per usual; the ones that go on in the background and which everyone takes for granted.  The Elf housekeeper has been in again and quietly got on with the job whilst the histrionics of everyday life go on elsewhere. It does mean at times ping-ponging between tasks and rooms am working on.

I must say that I am going to  be using the dishwashing tablets from now on in for cleaning.  Cleans the grime away very quickly.  Hope it works on the front room carpet when I get to it.  Dining room first.

During the clear up in the dining room am finding items had forgotten about as usual.  Have found my grandmother's wedding tea service or what was left of it. Five cups, six saucers, six tea plates and a cake plate.  Not sure of the make; Nan always maintained it was "a good one", but stamp is not clear.  It is a pretty pattern though with Roses in which I love. Nan was married in the 1930's and I have several pieces that she looked after throughout her life.  They really need to be in a pretty China cabinet.

I also found a cake plate set which OH bought for me many years ago.  It has a big sandwich/cake platter and five tea plates and is a pretty Pansy and gilt pattern which I also love.  I love all the traditional flowers especially if they have a scent like Roses and Honeysuckle, Lily of the Valley etc.



I will pop some photos up later on to this post.  Taking a while to download photos again.

Right must dash.  Will try and get back later on, but if not today it may be tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts