Misty Monday

 We woke up to fog here in Peterborough this morning, thickish fog, which has hung around for the best part of the day.  It has been chilly and damp as well which has not helped.  Therefore, I had determined that we were going to have Toad in the Hole for tea this evening.  Duly accomplished and served with mashed potato, Brussel Sprouts, Romanesco, carrots and peas and lots of gravy. Due to a medical condition, I have a dry mouth for the best part.  I tried the sprays the Doctor prescribed but I do not get on with them, so I drink a lot and I also like plenty of gravy to make sure my food goes down properly.  I know that it is not to everyone's taste, but it would not do if we were all the same.








Thoroughly enjoyed and it has done the job of having a reasonably substantial meal for the day. This is what I aim for. and as long as we are warm and fed, we are indeed rich.  We also have a duplicate meal for tomorrow night as well.  However, we are going to have Macaroni pudding tomorrow night to go with it for pudding.  A long time since we have had one of those. Might serve some fruit with that as well will see.

It is quiet here this evening.  I do not feel hundred percent and think I am starting with a cold which is the last thing I want at the moment.   I am therefore sat doing some crochet work on my blanket and just resting up for my busy day tomorrow.  At some point I am hoping to get some baking done sometime tomorrow or if I do not get to it the day after. The dishwasher is also stacked ready for switching on.  Just a couple of more bits to go in.  After cooking, it is too much for me to set too and then do all the washing and drying on my own.  I am too tired by then.  Am therefore trying to get into a routine of using the dishwasher more and keeping the kitchen tidier

Tomorrow is operation clean the ovens out.  As well as the Gas cooker I have a small multi-functional electric oven and a microwave.  So, a morning dedicated to stripping them out is planned for tomorrow. The glass screens are to come out of the main Gas cooker as well for them to be really given a going over. I am planning on everything being squeaky clean for Christmas.  At least with tea being all prepped up already for tomorrow I stand a chance of getting everything where I want it without messing it up straight away.

I am also going to be re-organising the appliances on top of the worktop.  Still not quite as I would like them but will get there. I am going to be making more and more stuff as I go along so I want it workable for me in the amount of space I do have. So a lot of planning, measuring and sorting out generally is taking place and as a result of that an early start tomorrow.  Fingers crossed everything goes to plan.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Your Toad in the Hole meal looks like it was a feast. You are organized about your cleaning in preparation for Christmas. I am not as organized but do a bit when I find time and inclination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terra, lovely to hear from you. The Toad is a good simple meal that is very tasty and filling and very easy to make. Ideal for a cold winter's day and a good filler upper. I am not normally organised, but am trying my absolute bestest this year in trying to get things sorted. Hope you are keeping well sweetie. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts