Happy Christmas Day

 Despite things not running to plan (they never do here one way or another), we eventually got our Christmas Dinner.  A lot later than anticipated but still one that was enjoyable and very much worth the wait.

We had Roast Rib of Beef (it came out just right a lovely Rosy Pink).  I served it with roast potatoes, roast parsnip and roast shallots.  Veggies to accompany were peas, broccoli, brussels, carrots, mashed potatoes.  Finished off with homemade Yorkshire Puddings and lots of gravy.  Plenty as usual left over for tomorrow.







We finished off with some cheese, Cheddar, Stilton (which I did not like) [this in itself is unusual as I do like Stilton, just this bit does not really seem to have much flavour] and some Gorgonzola. lovely grapes and crackers.  That is one punnet of grapes completely gone.

Like so many other ladies (and gents), I have been busy in the kitchen.  Some should have been done yesterday, but that did not happen so I have been in the kitchen quite a lot today as a result.  I enjoy cooking so it is not a hardship for me. I have cooked stuffing, pigs in blankets, roasted leeks, roasted a chicken, cooked a ham.  There is a lot of left over roasted beef which will be added to these items so that we can have cold cuts over the next few days if we want them as well.  Some good eating to be had.  I still have a lot of items to make, but I will do a few each day so that we can enjoy what we have. I have Bacon and Cheese Pastry Puffs to make as well as some Mille-feuilles and Sausage Rolls tomorrow.  There is also a Trifle to have for tea tomorrow evening.  That should keep us going for tomorrow.  The only other thing I might do is make some buns.



I have managed to get to watch some TV as well.  Next year though if everything runs to plan (yes there is a plan I have outlined ready for next year) so that I actually get more time to chillax on the actual days.  Still have enjoyed myself in the kitchen.  Tomorrow I hope to get to some of my crafting.

I do so hope that you all have had a good day, spent time with your loved ones, had a laugh, and enjoyed where you are and what you have had to eat.  I know that there are those of you that are hurting at the moment - whatever the cause and I hope that the pain stops sooner rather than later for you. Never easy. [major hugs to you].

Right am off to put my feet up.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts