A gentle day

Nothing much happening really, just plodding along doing a few things here and there.  

I managed to fall down the other day and I am now sporting a 3 x 2 inch bruise on the top of my thigh. Not a pretty sight! Trouble is when I fall I fall heavy, and because I do not have much upper arm strength tend to fall a second time as well despite putting my hands out.  It does not help that my arm is not playing ball either.  Am waiting for an Ultrasound for that. In retrospect age seems to be no barrier as I was always a tumble tot with plasters always over my knees and when I fell my front teeth used to go through my bottom lip! Something that was remedied by a brace when I was a teenager.  All I can say is beware of low flying "Pattypan"!

Tea tonight was supposed to be Cottage Pie. The something with mince. In truth I got absorbed pottering and did not realise what the time was and so we ended up still having a good tea,  This time a fry up with eggs, chipolatas, bacon for OH (not me) and a tin of plum tomatoes, with a sprinkling of sugar and some mixed herbs.  Gives a bit more flavour oh and of course liberal sprinkling of white pepper.



Simple food, but it does not need to be complicated as long as it is tasty.

Cottage Pie tomorrow night then!  Well that is the plan.  Will see what happens.

Probably either a stew for Sunday or some homemade "Cornish" style pasties with homemade pastry (yes my Nemesis pastry), served with veggies and gravy to make a meal of them.

Monday night will probably be home made meatballs and pasta of some description.  

Tuesday probably chipolatas and roasted veggies

Might throw a pudding in here and there.  At the moment I am getting munchies for a Treacle Sponge served with lashings of custard.  I have Golden Syrup in the Pantry; might just have to make that.  Good old fashioned comfort food of the highest order.

Still have not topped up with veggies will have to do that tomorrow as I need onions and potatoes as well

Right am off to potter.  Have a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Ouch. I hope you have some Arnica cream in the house for that bruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BB. No Arnica but have been using Witch Hazel to bring the bruise out. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts