Activity in the Kitchen

Not an early start; I overslept again despite setting the alarm.  Once I am asleep I am dead to the world these days and take some rousing.

I have been working in the kitchen today.  I found more washing which needed sorting out, and I have another couple of washes to go as well as getting it dry.

I have also been sorting cupboards out again as not everything has got put away after it has been used and I want to do some baking tomorrow.  Whether I get to it then will be another thing; if I do not it will be the day after.  Work on the kitchen is still ongoing but I am slowly getting there.

One thing I do have organised though, is that I have my notebooks in use again.  I have some flip top pads (I know them as shorthand pads) in which I write recipes that I want or intend to make to take downstairs with me. I have found that writing down recipes I want to try for meals during the week with items that I have to hand or want to use up is a lot easier than dragging the relevant book down into the kitchen and potentially getting them spoiled as sometimes I am a right clumsy tot.  I am keen to get some cake in the tins again to pad out the main meals or to have as snacks etc.  Just taking the one pad down with me also helps in not over-clogging the kitchen either.

The bread machine will be going on tomorrow and I am attempting a fruit bread. I love spicy fruit bread, sometimes toasted with Cinnamon sugar on the top, and sometimes just plain or with butter on and cheese in it.  A good grab and go item for when you have the munchies. How I get on with this though is another matter.  The kitchen gets terribly cold and one thing I have noticed when making bread in the machine is that it tends to do a lot better with the rise if the kitchen is as warm as it can be.  Can but try.  Might have to try relocating the bread machine to another room whilst it does its thing and to make sure it is warmer.  The bread machines I want to be more operational than they are, even if it just to make the dough.  Part of my drive to make some different things and also get what equipment I do have to hand in use every now and then if not on a more regular basis.  However, I need to get more organised and into the habit.

Tea tonight has been Bacon, chipolatas, egg, tomatoes and fried mushroom.  Has gone down very nicely and has been finished off with some fruit and cream.  Simple food that has its place in everyday life, especially if you have a lot to do.  It makes a good meal.  I nearly forgot to take a photo and had just popped my first fork full into my mouth when I realised that I had not done so.  Oohps a daisy!  It was tasty though.




Its been a horrible day weather-wise, and the wind is quite rough at the moment.  It is blowing a bit of a hooley out there.  I do hope that everyone is keeping well and warm and that they are not affected by any floods at all, which I know alerts have been called for for especially the Severn river and also other parts of the country.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts