Another Low Key Day today

 Where not much has actually been accomplished, but we did eat.

I could not make up my mind tonight what to have for tea. In the end we opted for the Rump steak, served with home made onion rings, home made chips, and a fried egg each.  OH then had on top of that fried mushrooms and tomatoes.  Went down very nicely.  If we have steak we usually have a Rib Eye each. Yesterday however, they had an offer on with Rump Steak.  Therefore purchased a tray of that.  Quite a hefty piece of steak, which would in effect have served four people medium sized steaks.  I had one medium sized steak and OH had the largest piece.  It was not only a large long piece of steak, it was also quite a thick piece.  Cooked it until OH's was Rare and I had a Medium Rare steak.  Must say that it cut nice and was quite tender.  I had planned on serving it with veggies, but serving it like this kept himself happy enough which is the main thing.  Trouble is when I have been cooking, when it comes to actually eating, my appetite has suddenly gone.






It has been a colder day here in Peterborough (well I think it has been colder) my fingers have been going blue in the house despite the heating being on. I think we have rain to come (its my bones you know -  I stiffen up if there is wet weather to come) although it has not landed yet.  Last night we had a torrential shower that blew up out of nowhere and the wind got up.  Needless to say himself slept through it as usual.  This was early in the evening. I am not firing on all cylinders again, but I see the Consultant next Friday!  I should have had an appointment at the beginning of December which was cancelled at short notice.  Will see what he has to say (or his Assistant).  I try not to be a nuisance.  I have also got to get in touch with the GP Surgery as they want to carry out a review of my medication, notably the Vitamin D.

Just a brief pop in today.  It is far later than I thought it was.  I seem to have had one of those days where I have not remembered names of things which is very disconcerting.  I know what I am talking about its just I do not remember the actual name!

Upwards and onwards.

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts