Barnsley Chops and Mint Sauce

 Today I have felt really cold and not 100%.  Tiz how it goes, and it does not help with the thermometer going down either.  It is 4 degrees here in Peterborough - feels like 1 degree.

As a result have taken the day easy apart from cooking tonight's tea which was very tasty.  Fortunately this time with me being below par, it hasn't come out in my cooking.  I am grateful for small mercies.

Tonight's tea has been a couple of Barnsley Chops which have been cooked in a little water with mixed herbs under foil for about 30 minutes which makes them nice and moist.  They are then cooked until the top has gone golden brown.  Gravy is made from the meat juices and some of the veg juices with a little mint jelly in as well.  They were served with steamed carrots, peas, kale, cauliflower and plenty of mashed potato.  Has gone down well.

Unfortunately I did not get to any baking.  Tomorrow maybe.  I love baking and am eager to get a few bits and bobs in the tins again.  However, I also have to be sensible, practical and realistic. There is only one person that can look after me and that is me. I know that the tiredness needs respect and it is better if I rest up now rather than being worse later on.  It does not sit easily though with me, as I am used to flying around on the proverbial broomstick and have been used to just getting on with things when I want to or when the need arises.  However am grateful for small mercies; this just slows me down!  I am becoming a snail!

Sorry it is short and sweet.  Am going to put my feet up for a little while and watch some TV.  There are a couple of photos to load, but that definitely seems to be loading at a snail's pace.  Will add later on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts