I was full of good intentions

 however things did not happen as I had planned today.

I had intended starting the day off with the Cider Vinegar, Honey combination:

You need 8 fl oz water (either hot or cold)

2 tablespoons of Organic Acid Cider Vinegar - Organic

1or 2 Tablespoons Honey

2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice

1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon.


This is slightly different to the combination I used to take in my youth, but will see how it goes when I start off with it tomorrow.

I thought that I had saved the combination to my Pinterest board.  I was searching for it first thing this morning, when the Internet went down.  Apparently there was a surge in our post code and it was not resolved for a couple of hours.  OH was due to have taken part in a games competition, however he could not take part in it.  It eventually came on a good couple of hours later.

In the interim I found the recipe; I had saved it to my Instagram saves.  As I say, it will be tomorrow before I try this one.  I am keen to get my health sorted out and want to see if this makes any difference to my joints, mobility and flexibility, as well as to see whether or not the combination will help lower the antibodies in my system which I suspect are high at the moment.  Tiredness (fatique), no energy, very dry eyes and throat tend to be indicators for me, and they are playing up at the moment.  If it helps with weight loss all the good as I want to start doing some gentle exercise again.  This colder weather also does not do me any favours. My hands in particular have been going blue and you cannot exactly wear gloves when you are peeling veg and potatoes.  Not even a pair of Marigolds. I know it has been slightly warmer than usual on the weather front for the time of year (although a lot of us tend to think it is just plain cold). Hopefully we get the predicted cold spell out of the way with quickly.  I need to get myself sorted out a bit and it is not going to be easy.  

I ventured into the kitchen later this afternoon and then set too and started cooking the chicken bought the other day from the Butcher.  Chicken features regularly here; I cooked it in my Ninja today as the chicken fitted the bowl.  Sometimes it has to go into the oven, but using the Ninja Foodi is the cheapest way of cooking it.  All done in an hour.  I also cooked chipolata sausages, Yorkshire puddings in the small oven, kale, peas, carrots, mashed potato with lashings of gravy. I use a three tier steamer for cooking all my veg. I think the veg tastes nicer steamed, plus using the baskets, I only use one burner.  I do have an electric version of a steamer as well, but am not using it at the moment (electric is dearer than the gas). It went down very nicely.  Another meal is available for tomorrow.  




Tomorrow I am planning on making sausage rolls, cheese and bacon pockets, and maybe some shortbread.  Will see how I get on.  At least tea is all prepped so it should (I say should figuratively) give me a little play time!  I have a lot to do tomorrow in any event, including the washing and drying.

The next couple of day's planned meals at the moment are:

Monday, repeat Roast Chicken Dinner.

Tuesday, I am planning on making a Cottage Pie, to use some more of the mince up.  I will then have used 1kg of mince.  Still another kilo to go.  

Wednesday, Pork chop for OH and a Pork steak for me with veggies.

Although this may be subject to amendment depending on what is going on.

I still have another kilo of mince in the fridge, and the Barnsley Lamb chops, Bacon and Chipolatas in the fridge.  The menu could therefore get swapped out a bit, and there is also Risotto and Pasta on the list as well.  Might do some puddings also this week.  Thinking of probably making a Blackberry and Apple Crumble with some of my  homemade Apple and wild Blackberry fruits that I water bathed/canned.

I still have not picked up any of my crafting.  I am going to have to have a look at this soon and get back to sorting out some of the UFOs.  

However, tomorrow, the kitchen primarily needs sorting out.  Hoping for an early start.

Right off to put my feet up and watch some TV.

Catch you all later.

Keep safe and keep warm wherever you are.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts