Pattypan's Pantry Update Monday 16th January 2023


It has been a while since I reported on what I had been doing in the kitchen and Pantry and so I thought it was about time that I rectified and updated the situation.  It is after all a New Year.  

This week has been a busy week in my kitchen on the cooking front and I have managed to do quite a bit of cooking including some baking. I had planned on doing more stuff, but lack of energy and other unexpected issues have got in the way.  Note to oneself - need to be more focused.

I have made the following:

Meals: (Evening Meals)

Wednesday
Evening Meal/Dinner
A cottage pie.

Dessert/Pudding
Homemade Rice pudding.

Thursday
Dinner: 
Duplicate cottage pie

Dessert/Pudding
Peaches and cream

Friday
Chipolata Sausages and Tomatoes
Cheese and Bacon Pockets (for supper)

Saturday
Breakfast
Toast and the Last Jar of Lemon Marmalade.

Evening Meal/Dinner
Roast Chicken and Bread and Butter



Dessert: Homemade Pannetone Bread Pudding





Sunday
Dinner:
Barnsley Chops, Peas, Cauliflower, Carrots, Kale, mashed potatoes and roast potatoes.

Dessert/Pudding:
The rest of the Pannetone Pudding

Miscellaneous:
Chicken Stock for use in soups, casseroles and stews.  Will keep this in the fridge.


Preserves:

Pickled Beetroot 
I have cooked a batch of Beetroot and have pickled it.  That is now in the Pantry.  I have six jars

Crab Apple Jelly 
I have six jars.  Still some more to make.

Cranberry and Apple Jelly  
I have six jars

Lime Sugar
I have 1 large jar
I have made some more Lime sugar for baking. That is now in the Pantry.

Crab Apple Gin
I have made some Crab Apple Gin.  I found a bottle in the cupboard and I had some Crab Apples.  I have not tried this one before, but if I do not like it will use it up in puddings, cakes and preserves.

Baking:

A couple of batches of Sausage Rolls have been made. - Friday none left (forgot pictures)

Cheese and Bacon Pockets. Friday none left.



I have also of course, made puddings which are itemised above.  Am hoping to try some different puddings in this coming week.

Household chores which have been achieved this week include:
  1. Cleaning the Oven. 
  2. Clean and sort out Worktop.
  3. Clean sink.
  4. Do washing up.
  5. Clean washing machine.
  6. All the washing.
  7. Ironing - still have some to do.
  8. Clean dishwasher.
  9. Wash floor.
  10. Wash paintwork in readiness for OH to paint out kitchen.

To Do List (floatable can be carried week to week)
  1. Lemon Marmalade to be made.
  2. Orange Marmalade to be made.

Menu Planning for this week 16th January until Monday 23rd January 2023.  Obviously this could get switched around a bit.  Also need to go shopping later in the week.

  1. Monday: OH had a fried Pork Steak and a thick Pork Chop with baked beans (a slightly different way of using Pork).  He loves it which is the main thing.  I had some Tuna Pasta.  Sorry no photos.
  2. Tuesday: Lasagna
  3. Wednesday: Homemade Cornish Pasties.
  4. Thursday: Stew with mashed potato or Pie Filling.
  5. Friday: Bit of Bacon left thinking homemade Quiche here with potato wedges, coleslaw and a little green salad with homemade pickled onions and pickled beetroot.
  6. Saturday: Chicken stir fry using some veggies from fridge and also adding in a few new ones just to make it go further.
So all in all quite a bit has been going on.  Hoping to do more this week.

Keep safe, warm and dry in this very unpredictable weather we all seem to be experiencing at the moment.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts