Organisation behind the Scenes - Part One Computer Housekeeping Monday 20 March 2023

For the first day of Spring, here it has been a relatively quiet day although I have been busy in my own way.  Last night it was quite warm in Peterborough compared to what it has been and I had trouble sleeping as a result.  Does not help that my arm was playing up and I was finding it difficult to get comfy.

In any event, as with my crafting, I have decided to at long last tackle paperwork and administration at home. At one point this was extremely organised. I intend and am kind of mixing up things a bit here and there to stop total boredom in any one aspect of sorting such administration tasks.  In the first instance by concentrating on different things on different days. At least having a concerted effort will show that some work has been done/achieved even though there is a lot to do.  This should long term, make it easier for me to deal with.  Fingers crossed. Rather than me over-thinking, feeling overwhelmed and then freezing and not being able to focus or know where to start.  I am guilty of all of these at one time or another.  We each have our limits on what we can cope with on any given day.  Some days are better than others.  Breaking things down into sizeable chunks makes things more achievable. In any event, this is only the first stage of several things I want to get organised.  Organised being the key word here.  Whilst I was working I was relatively organised, but being at home, you get into your own little bubble and things do not always seem as important.  However they are.

Today I was "wobbly" when I woke up and therefore went back to sleep. I had a "fatigue" session where I just fell yuck. From past experience this is the best thing for me to do and I am lucky to be in a position to do this at present.  It is a good job I took time out to put me first, as I now feel a lot more with it. Feeling much better I decided to tackle a job that has needed to be done forever; computer housekeeping.  This is all part and parcel of a new tough love routine I am applying to myself to get things done where I can. This encompassed partial housekeeping on the computer which is something I can do without over-extending myself. I have a lot of sorting out to do both physically on the paper front as well as the computer and  I intend this to be a sporadic post going forward, to track how I get on.  Boring subject but one that needs to be dealt with, and which ultimately will save a lot of time and bother in the long run.

About 18 months ago (possibly more) my email account was hacked a couple of times and completely queered up my email account in that emails had been sent which I did not see. They did not appear in my feed. Gradually over time some of these have come to light in a place that I had not checked and which was not. To hamper things messages had been marked as read when they had not been.

I have slowly been working on this.  However, as there are some future things I want to accomplish with the computer, it needs sorting and I am therefore making a concerted effort to do this. It is only one step in me organising things and a little tedious.  I have spent a lot of time on this today, and over the next few weeks will also have daily sessions to tackle this; daily to get rid of any new emails and deal with some of the old.  Needs must.  

I also need to reclaim all official documentation and get that into a binder.  Things got taken out and updated but never made it back to the folder.  Some of the items need looking out for, but then will be easily to hand once sought.  That is one of the paper administration tasks/paper trail on the cards.  It will also serve double duty as an emergency folder if needed to be so.

Therefore not a very interesting post today; but hey that is how it goes.  Real life is like that in many instances and I only post snippets of what actually goes on.

I am going to try and do a little knitting tonight.  I have not for a couple of nights, and I am mindful that I have an update post to pop up,  which will come in due course and I do not want my sorting of the UFOs to go by the wayside whilst I am engaged with something else.  I am trying to slot the knitting into the evenings when I get sat down, which does vary night to night.

Tea was a duplicate meal of yesterday and has gone down well again.  We have loads of beef left over still and so some Beef and Horseradish sarnies could be on the cards for tomorrow.  

Hope that you all have a lovely evening, I am off to get on a bit.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

Popular Posts