Satisfying the Cravings

 Today has been another administration day, but more of that in another post.

For sometime I have been craving kippers with butter and poached eggs with bread and butter followed by Melon for pudding.   I had planned on having something else for our tea tonight, but as per usual plans were changed.

This evening that craving was put to bed for a little while as that is exactly what I had for tea. Normally we get the kippers from a proper wet fish counter or shop.  The ones I have had tonight were the boil in the bag variety but did the job just as well.  I know that they are not to everyone's taste.  It is a favourite meal for me from my childhood.



I poached my eggs in a couple of poaching pockets (the green objects in the picture) which did the job just as well as a saucepan and some vinegar and water.




All plated up and ready to eat.




OH is not into kippers at the best of time, and he therefore had a Big Fry Up for his tea.  




Both of us polished this off with a mug of tea each.  Must say it went down very nicely.

Tomorrow I plan on doing some downstairs work which needs tackling and will therefore leave the computer behind for the best part of the day.  All part of me trying to reclaim my life and get organised.  I feel the more organised I am the more I will be able to regain some confidence in what I am doing.  Will just have to see how things go on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts