Things achieved Today 22.03.2023

Waking up to hear the birds sing at Dawn, never mind that the wind was rough those birds were singing their hearts out to welcome the new day as the light slowly crept in as should we.  We think we have it rough but those poor little creatures hang on where they can despite being buffeted about. I love the peace (apart from the birds) at Dawn but do not often get to experience it but this morning I was wide awake.

I am trying to reign in and concentrate  and focus more than I normally do in an effort to try and get things sorted where I am comfortable rather than deal with many items in one go and then get into a panic.  It is helping me feel less stressed and organised even though there is a long way to go. Today has been very much a mixed bag consisting of:

Doing more deletions on email account and discovering more work yet to do.  That will be covered in another post next week.  Needless to say much has been done.

Starting to "love" me a bit.  We have been having a lot of toast for breakfast which although delicious does not necessarily do my system an awful lot of good. I am taking a couple of Tablespoons of natural yogurt on its own first thing before I have anything else of a morning. This helps put a lining on my stomach before taking my medication and also helps with the absorption of the medication without causing potential problems from long-term medication. I am very aware of this as I have been on long-term medication since seven years of age.  I want to improve my digestive system long-term.  I have switched my breakfast out for breakfast oats, milk, a smattering of sugar and fresh Raspberries and some live plain  yogurt all mixed together.  I am enjoying this and the beauty of the oats is that I can turn them into porridge if the weather gets colder.  This seems to have sorted things out a bit and is making me feel a little livelier than I have been although I am still have sessions of lack of energy. I can add toast and marmalade or jam on top of this if I so choose. I have been doing this for about a week now and I feel much better; early days though.

Progressing the washing.  Have managed to get some done today but am restricted by being able to dry things quickly as I only have so much hanging space to get items dry.  This will probably be an ongoing feature for the week.

Two loads of washing completed and wet stuff hung up to dry.  Still more to go.

Tackling the kitchen bit by bit.  Today I have:

Sorted all kitchen paraphernalia back into its home and out of the way. The Baking tin cupboards have also been tackled as I found so many more baking tins to put away that I had forgotten about. All the kitchen equipment had been popped into the dining room to clear room for movement in the tiny kitchen and was restricting movement.  It therefore had to go as it was irritating me to high heaven.  

Cooked tea.  A roast vegetable and sausage one tray bake.  Using up some bits and bobs of vegetables and using up some stuff from the fridge. I Did not have to go to the shop.   It was extremely tasty. 




Veggies consisted of courgette, leek, potato, onion, red pepper, yellow pepper and it was very tasty.  Just sprinkled on some oil over the veggies (not much) and a sprinkling of pink Himalayan salt and it was cooked until the veggies caramelised.  I did keep mixing the veg up as it cooked using two forks to lift and mix in the veggies.





We had some Strawberries and cream for pudding.

Wind is still raging away.  I have kept to the house today.  Hopefully tomorrow will be less windy.

Right am off to do a bit of knitting.

Have a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. The wind was wicked, followed by lashings of rain here - stay safe Tricia, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts