Organisation behind the scenes Part Two Computer Housekeeping Tuesday 4 April 2023

I have since my post last post been concentrating on clearing out my email boxes.  They are coming down to a more realistic level although I still have a way to go on the "other" "In box".  There is more to chuck out of here though.  Every little helps right!

Tuesday 21 March 2023

The "In" Inbox has been totally cleared and is being cleared on a daily basis.  I am getting into good habits again.  Mine have been woefully neglected and hence me having so many to clear out, but there we are I am not perfect and we live in an imperfect world.  It is my Other box I am now dealing with and it would appear that this is where a lot of my emails ended up without me knowing it.  The sent email box has also been cleared out.  Those pieces of information that I need to keep have been kept to separate folders.  So am pleased with the progress made thus far.  However there is still a long way to go.  I am having a rest at the moment after having been for the majority of the day been working on this.  Shall do a little more tonight, however I am going to sit and knit.  The intention from now on in is to do a bit a day to continually hit things on the head.  I have also been sorting where emails should go and into which box and those items I did not ask for blocked!

One of the other things I need to do is to organise all official paperwork onto the computer as well as into a folder.  We have found through common practice that it is easier to scan in some documentation onto the computer as often certain institutions including the Local Council when we apply for parking permits etc. need two pieces of up to date information to qualify that we actually live here.  I therefore intend to set this up also so that we are not scrabbling around looking for official documentation in a hurry.  This is therefore on the cards to deal with as well and will more or less be an ongoing process as I find the relevant paperwork and then will organise it physically as well.

Wednesday 22 March 2023

Still continuing to delete emails.  As I have said before, it needs doing and has needed doing for an awful long time.  Up to date emails are now being deleted daily and still working through older emails this is going to take a little while although I have binned quite a lot in a very short space of time.  Whilst doing this it has become apparent that there are going to be several regimes on this drastic housekeeping in any event.  I need to get all my photos sorted and organised and stored in at least a couple of places.  Does anyone have any tips on how they store photos long term and organise them so that they are simple to access.  Would be pleased to hear from you with some pointers.  Have too many memories to lose of people no longer with us.

Thursday 23 March 2023

Literally had a day free of deleting old emails today although have dealt with new stuff.  Hoping to get back to it tomorrow.

To Date

Have continued with the sorting each day.  Am also getting into the habit of sorting out which type of emails go into which box so that it is more streamlined and am being much more vigilant on spam and unwanted junk mail etc.

Am also starting to sort photographs a bit, but have a lot of work on my plate here.  It will happen though; yet again am going to try and work from present day backwards with the storage and organisation.  It means toing and froing a bit more but will get there.  I also have a load of embroidery files and craft files to store as well in order that I may access them easily.  Hopefully this will also help with the smoother running of my computer as well.  Every little step achieved, every time I do a bit, is all helping to try and bring this back into a more organised state rather than a state of chaos.  Still loads to do on this, but hopefully next time round I will have done more on the photo storage front. 

I keep having little bites at things as every little helps.

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan


x




Comments

Popular Posts