Organisation behind the scenes Part Two Computer Housekeeping Tuesday 11April 2023

I had been gardening and enjoying being outside until yesterday when it rained for most of the day, and I ended up shopping in any event i.e. Wednesday 5 April 2023 and so I ended  up doing some more housekeeping on the Inbox. 

I have had to spend two days on deleting emails from the Inbox as my email and One Cloud feature stopped working.  Fortunately I had dealt with a lot of rubbish before this (it was much worse) and by concentrating on one segment of it and adding the minimum extra storage, things now seem to be functioning again on the email front and the One Cloud Front. The email boxes are now officially empty. There is still a heck of a lot of progress to be made though on sorting out of files and my craft stuff.  However the next segment is going to be all my photos.  However, I am chuffed to bits I have got this far on what seemed like a never-ending mission. I do not give in easily, however at the start I was severely overwhelmed when I started dealing with this.  I do not intend to let the email boxes ever get out of hand again.

At one point due to lack of housekeeping, I had over 70,000 emails in my email boxes.  At the time of typing this I am down to 10,000, [NOW EMPTY] but it will be much more reduced as I get to the end of this task.  [Now no undealt with emails of any sort and those kept have been filed in specific folders.

As I have said previously, I have plans for doing further things on the computer in due course, however I need it to be as streamlined and as efficient as is possible before I start on this. I was already on this journey before all of this happened.  

I am also learning different things about how the systems work, which is giving me a greater understanding of what I can actually do and not do.  As I have said this is only the email box.  The Inbox is now empty, the Other box is the WIP that is now empty as well.  Photos are next and this is the important bit for me.  So  many memories and photos of people no longer here.  Precious memories for me.

I am in need of a break at the moment, however that will not happen anytime soon.  Hopefully will get down to Cornwall soon however I am not holding my breath at the moment.

I am therefore as well as the ongoing computer housekeeping going to be dealing with other aspects of things that need dealing with in an order to move ever forward.  That will start today, even if I only get a few things done a day, it will be better than nothing.

Fingers crossed I can get more done and quickly.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts