Scuppered Again

Weather wise that is. Therefore no gardening again!.  As a result it has been a "slow-mo" day.

I did not feel right again this morning, and went back to sleep.  I therefore had the luxury of a lay in.  I was out for the count until the dog decided that she wanted her Mum and started grumbling - Did not want Dad at all. This tends to throw me all out on timings as I do not have a clue as to what the time is even more so since the change in the clocks last week although I am loving the lighter evenings.

Missy is really OH's pooch.  He is her Master and try to be Commander. In reality she is more likely to do what I ask of her and ignores OH for the best part unless she is playing one against the other.  Let us just put it this way, he is not quite in tune with the needs of an elderly and deaf Jack Russell and if she wants something she comes to Mum.

I will quite freely admit that we are both as soft as grease with her.  In the past though we have had problems with her eating and therefore you do what you can to keep them feeding and keeping going.  She is too much of a special dog to lose her too soon.  After she had major tooth surgery she could not quite hold her food in her mouth and to boot she seemed very picky with what dog food she would eat.  Therefore you do what you can to encourage them to eat without turning their nose up on what is being provided.  Jack Russell's are particularly picky eaters.

Saying that Missy is a quirky, cheeky and completely individual Jack Russell, who makes us smile. Especially on gloomy days. One of her issues is that she is very anal with who does what for her.  In her mind I am the only one to feed her.  I hand feed her as a result of her not being able to grab food from a bowl as easily as she used to and would often end up not eating at all and losing food out of her mouth. She is a lady that lunches didn't you know! The procedure is that she sits on my lap and I have a tea-towel covering my legs for drips (as they are common since the tooth removal) and I proceed to feed her.  If she gets comfy and is happy with what we have provided she then sinks down and lays completely on my lap getting herself really comfortable until her food has gone; what we call "assuming the position"  She will not take the food from OH and comes and parks herself in front of me if he attempts to feed her and looks at you accusingly until you end up taking over.  OH has no real patience with anything and I think he gives in far too easily with trying to coax her and I think overall that is why she comes to me.  Saying that she does get really waspy with OH, and does not try it on with me!

Missy has always suffered with "abandonment issues" and hates to be on her own and gets to the point of hyperventilating if we have to leave her on her own. She howls and howls and howls too. She has for the most part always gone where we have gone, however there are occasions where she just cannot be present.  As she has gone deaf she feels even more isolated and sparks off at the slightest thing.

Saying that I know we have "made a rod for our own backs", but if it keeps her plodding along and healthy then that is all that matters.  There is no right or wrong way.  She is not only a dog but also an important member of our family.  As she has arthritis I also make sure that her rear is covered with a blanket to keep her warm overnight in order that she is not too stiff in the morning.  I know from personal experience that if my muscles get cold then things are not good the next morning.  I am also the one to give her, her medication as well.

Madam also has her own Masseur.  Muggins!  First thing first of a morning is that she has to have a rub down on her back to ease off those muscles and she really gets into it.  This is all before I can actually concentrate on myself of a morning.  Then she goes off for a walk with the "Boss"!

Today we have for tea you will not be surprised a Salad again!  This time slightly different.  Yes there is salad, but there is also Pork Pie, Pate, Cheese, and Ham.  There is also cheese so it more of a posh "Ploughmans". There are also boiled eggs with Salad cream and fresh cooked beetroot.  OH had requested Baked potatoes again and that was the mains for tea tonight all served with bread and butter.





Pudding is a low sugar Grapefruit Meringue.  Recipe will be posted up on another post.  I set too and made this and it was delicious as usual.  OH has had one too as there is hardly any sugar in.  I would normally have used a sugar replacement but unfortunately I had run out so there is only a tiny amount of sugar in the whole pudding.

From these



 to this




No baking done or things started last night.  Will do some tea loaves this evening or at least start them off.  There is no time scale just me trying to do a little all day as long as I get there.

I did not get to knit last night and ended up watching some TV programmes that OH was not in to.  Am therefore hoping to do a little more this evening.

Hoping to do a little gardening tomorrow weather permitting.  I am also looking out some seeds to start off on the windowsills but need some compost to do this.  Will see how I get on.  Get the seeds found first and then take it from there.

Hope you all have a fantastic evening and here's hoping I get into the garden tomorrow.

Take care.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




Comments

Popular Posts