Seeds Sown So Far and a little bit of this and that

Sorry about not being around  the past couple of days.  I have had the  most horrendous Migraine, much better than was but still hanging a bit.  I do not think this cold weather is helping either. It has been perishing here in Peterborough today and it has rained quite a bit too.  Wind has been up blowing a Hooley too.  I have been really cold. I need that proper fire! Have therefore not done too much, a bit of pottering here and there which included sowing some seeds (not all).

I have sown the following seeds thus far: 

Roma Tomatoes and Cayenne Pepper



Yellow Courgettes and Venlo Gherkins



Yellow Pear Tomatoes and Artichokes



Green Cucumber and Pumpkin



Cherry Tomatoes




I have outline plans for all of them in due course, once harvest is achieved. However, at the moment  am just intent on getting everything started that I can get started, keeping them inhouse until I can get the growing houses up and running.  These winds are not conducive to that at the moment.  They are only the small greenhouse type covers with a green mesh poly cover.  I had one up but the cover came off and I never got them sorted last year as I did no do any growing as we were in Cornwall.  Whether we will get to Cornwall or not this year I am not sure.  Would love to; and in the light of not knowing it is better to sow some stuff and have it rather than have nothing at all.

I still have quite a bit of veg from earlier on in the week so none bought today.   Just need to get some peas.  I did get my tray of eggs though.  Have cooked some chicken thighs that needed using up and also a couple of racks of Ribs with a Barbecue sauce, which will do for tea tonight.  A pick and mix affair.    Update: Delicious it was too.







I have a chicken carcass to make chicken stock from. That will happen tomorrow.  Will then make some soup.

Hope you have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts