Things to achieve this Week commencing 3 April 2023


There are quite a few things I would like to achieve during the week.  Instead of relying on my memory, I decided that I was going to make myself a checklist of items that I would like to get done this week and hopefully be able to achieve quite a lot of these reasonably quickly. I may add to this list if I think of anything else as I go along.  These tasks are mostly kitchen/Pantry related although there are other items in there as well.

  1. Decant and strain my Cleaning vinegars, for storage in the Pantry.  I need the windowsill for starting some seeds off and I have two large containers full one of Lemon and one of Orange. I have saved white vinegar bottles to bottle them into along with their caps.  Bottles will just need labelling up and then storing in my under stairs Pantry for cleaning through the year.
  2. Sort and tidy up the Dresser in order to hang the Bay Leaves off of it.
  3. Prepare and dry the Bay Leaves from the chopped down tree from Sunday's manoeuvres. Some to be dried in bunches and hung from the Dresser and some to be dried as single leaves. Started on the single leaves.
  4. Get some washing on the line. Done and subsequent washes done and dried.
  5. Decant some wine.
  6. Go foraging for Wild Garlic.
  7. Go Foraging for Plantain.
  8. Go Foraging for nettle tops.
  9. Have a good scout around the foraging area to see what else is coming on and can be harvested in the weeks to come.
  10. Gather any cones can find and Teasels as well as twigs that can be used in various crafting processes as well as in fire bundles/wax fire starters.
  11. Make various preserves utilising wild items as well as some balms.  Final projects not decided yet.
  12. Make home made pasta for drying and long-term storage.
  13. Sort out my Herb seeds from one of my seed boxes. Done.
  14. Sow a variety of Herb seeds.
  15. Sow Mustard and Cress using recycled cartons. Done.
  16. Carry on with the Herb Garden clearance (separate to the main part).
  17. Tidy up the Rhubarb plants.  In now have three and give them a feed.
  18. Sort out two conical hangers.  One already has an Ivy trailing out of it, but it does need tidying up.  The other one is empty but I do have Ivy in the garden to transplant into it.  Give both baskets a water and a feed and hang them back under the tree until I can get their final positions sorted.  Under the Bay tree is quite sheltered. Done.
  19. Get a fresh Sourdough starter on the go.
  20. Start off some Saurkraut.
  21. Start off some new batches of Fermented Honey and Lemon, Orange and Ginger.  All for drinks or cold remedies.  All in individual jars so that can be used for different purposes but also combined together.
  22. Start off some more new Fermented Garlic and Honey.
  23. Sprout some Ginger for growing my own continuous supply of Ginger for preserving later in the year.
  24. Sprout a sweet potato for slips.
  25. Sow some Pea shoots for use in salads and soups.  Also for drying for green powders.
  26. Crystallising some violets and collecting leaves for drying.
  27. Crystallising some Primroses.
  28. Strain my Rosehip syrup and decant into fresh sterilised bottles.
  29. Make Lemon Syrup.
  30. Make Orange Syrup.
  31. Save and Dry Orange and Lemon peels for various uses.
  32. Make Bread.
  33. Make Cake.
  34. Use up some of my Melt n Pour Soap. I have located my soap moulds so it will be good to get this out of the way with.  Even though it is just the Melt n Pour soap I have not had a go at this before.  It has been on my list as one of those things to try for a while. So something new to play at.
  35. Sort out my Email In and Other boxes completely.  Done.
Fingers crossed I get quite a few of these done this week.  If not they will transfer to next week.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

PS What jobs are on your agenda for this week?

PP

Comments

Popular Posts