And Rain stopped play!

How dare it!

All the garden plans and tip run plans out of the window today.  We have had torrential rain and thunder storms😠 I hate thunder and lightning! Yes we need the water, it will do the soil good and water for the plants.  However, I had been looking forward to getting rid of the first load of rubbish to open up the garden and make it look as though I have achieved something, so I can do more clearing.  Looks as though it is going to probably be a day of getting rid of the rubbish to the tip next week now.  I can always put the garden rubbish into the front garden to give me the space I need for dealing with a lot of the stuff that needs chopping out. 

Although I have not had continuous days in sorting the garden as I had planned this week, I am pleased with how things are progressing even though they are a little slower in momentum.  However, I am getting to enjoy being in the fresh air and methodically clear that which is no longer needed or needs removing.  A good "old bottom out" I think is the colloquial phrase used to describe such actions.  Hopefully the Spring clean will make things a lot easier in the longer run.  

Therefore, like cricket as the rain stopped play and to fill my day I will be kitchen bound.  The cupboards need sorting out as things have not gone back in as they should have done.  I also have more items to squirrel away somehow into the kitchen.  I also have lots of kitchen things to do at some point; that will probably happen next week though.  Rain stopping play therefore may not be a bad thing overall as it will give me the opportunity for me to deal with something that has been bugging me to deal with.  In fact, I might actually start with the dining room dresser that holds all my food stuffs and get that a bit more organised so that further stuff can go on there being as it is my working dresser.  It is due a strip down.

Perhaps it is no bad thing to be in the kitchen rather than the garden as my arm/shoulder is acting up a bit  today.

Simple things first though.  Breakfast started off with toast and a jar of my homemade plum jam, which has really gone down a treat.  Nothing exotic just something so simple, tasty and grounding with a hot cup of tea to start off the day.  Simple pleasures go towards finding the Joy and being mindful in any one day.  Homemaking is part of my joy especially when I can get to make various preserves and squirrel them away on my Pantry shelf.

I have also sorted, cleaned and polished my computer desk today.  It does get a bit cluttered and so I like to get it sorted out every so often.  Will probably try and sort my sewing desk out tomorrow.  Just slotting in a bit of this and that where time permits, and which will gradually build up to a completed project.  Breaking things down a bit helps an awful lot.

I had planned on doing a little crafting of an evening this week, however I have been too tired to do so after strenuous work in the garden.  That might have to wait until next week.  "Fingers crossed and toes plaited".

On the seed front, my Herb Fennel, Chamomile, Parsley and Thyme seeds are all through.  Yippee.  I love my herbs and plan on planting many more. I dry and use them a lot in all sorts of projects.  I think in another life I must have either been what is called a "Hedge Witch" or an Apothecary.  Have always had a love of these herbs and wildings and what to do with them; perhaps because I am a country kid!

Tea tonight was homemade chips, fish fingers, potato croquettes  and some baked beans served with the proverbial bread and butter.  I did manage to get another tray of eggs today as well and I plan on doing some baking at some point.  I am craving a few sweet treats for a change.  Fancy some Flapjacks, Blueberry Muffins and maybe some fruit and plain scones, and maybe a few homemade Meringues.  Thought might use some of my strawberry pie filling with some cream.  In any event we will see what we will see.  I might change my mind yet.

Hoping to get out and weed another border around the paving slabs, as the rain has loosened things off it might be far easier for me to weed.  Just going out for an hour or so, especially as I have not been able to get out today at all.  Hoping will be able to get out tomorrow in any event.  Fingers crossed weather permitting.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts