Garden Day

Energy not good today, but weather has been warm and lovely and so I have been pottering in the garden.  Not at the bottom end which I started at the other day, where I am actually clearing the garden and grubbing out etc. and where the greenhouses are to go.  Today I have been at the other end of the garden the patio slab end as there is a lot of rubbish on there to go to the tip.  Tip day is planned for tomorrow and I have bags and bags of rubbish that needs to go down there all garden waste.  I still have an awful lot to pull, weed out and then take to the tip on top of this lot.  

I have sorted out a lot of the planters with dead plants in etc.  Have also weeded just in front of the patio slabs as well.  Have also sorted the rubbish into appropriate types so that they go in the relevant section at the tip.  More weeding to go, trying to get the patio slab area completely cleared as this will be used for more space for me to put the rubbish from down the bottom and chop it up into bags as I go along.  A lot of toing and froing but it is organised chaos.  I have probably bit of more than I can chew as usual, but the garden really does need sorting and as am not at the caravan am making use of that time to grow and hopefully nurture food to help feed us during the winter months.  I am thinking long term preserves for the Pantry shelf.  

If the weather is good this weekend I shall be getting stuck in on the garden to see if I can make some progress on this massive project.  I am aiming to get the greenhouses up over the weekend as my seeds and even my herbs are starting to put in a mass appearance.  I also have loads of other seeds to plant as yet.

Tonight's tea has been roasted mixed veg, onion, potato, leek, and some bacon and red pepper was cooked in the oven and then finished off in the frying pan. together with Italian sausages and a fried egg.  Has gone down very nicely and was very tasty.

Needless to say I have been back into the garden this evening.  Had another hour and a half out there.  Have dealt with one of the edges of the slabs and also swept the pavement, and sorted out the planters on that side as well.  There are still another two sides to tackle, both of which will be horrendous.  I also still have a lot of planters, pots, trays and hanging baskets to sort out.  

I am hoping weather permitting to be able to get out there again tomorrow.  Have enjoyed being in the fresh air.  I am now sitting having a well earned cup of tea.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I am desperate to get on with mine but am still shaking off the last vestiges of this fluey cold I've had, which has left me a bit weak and wobbly still. Hope to finally get some seeds started today - I've never been so late with my runner beans. I always used to start them the 3rd week of March when we were at Ynyswen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh BB. Sorry about your cold. When I have a cold I usually reach for the Elderberry Rob or make a load of French Onion soup, which is a natural antibiotic and also soothing to the throat and chest. Hope you feel comfier soon. You are usually well on the way before me. However, you have had a lot to deal with, so "cut yourself some slack". It will catch up. I have my Runner Beans to do "Scarlet Emperor". However I have planted some Dwarf French Beans and they have popped their heads through. Anything is better than nothing. I am going to pop up some seed trays with compost and then grow mixed lettuce leaves in I have a French style Mesclun/Mesdun mix of seeds. I am prepping two trays one to eat from and then another to continue once have picked the first one. Then allow the first one a couple of weeks to recover. Well that is the plan and I thought it would be cheaper than buying from the supermarket. Also some pea sprouts as well for soups and garnishes and drying for green powders for the winter Pantry. Take care sweetheart Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts