Saturday

 We had a rough night last night.  Missy got very agitated and would not settle at all.  Up and down up and down until about 4am when she eventually went to sleep.  Despite us intervening several times trying to get her to calm down it took some doing.  Unfortunately she is more or less stone deaf these days and we have to use hand signals a lot with her. 

Needless to say we were both wiped out this morning and literally crashed.  It was not very early when we did get up and I missed the early part of the Coronation footage.  I will play catch up a little later.  Just not his cup of tea.  We do have many divergent subjects that we are interested in and a lot do not marry up!

It has rained most of the day here so no garden today.  So no gardening at all.  Tomorrow the forecast for here in Peterborough is for cloud in the morning with a low risk of showers and then sunshine from about 1pm.  Temperature up to 19 degrees.  Therefore if I can get into the garden I will do.  I have also bought a couple of more packets of the mixed French lettuce selection for future planting.  Still may get some more.  Also some watermelon seeds!

Needless to say, we needed to stock up the fridge and ended up going to Morrisons to stock up on a few bits and bobs for the week.  Lots of good eating to be had in future days.  We have a piece of pork for tea tomorrow which I intend roasting, with potatoes, courgettes and onion.  I might also do a little sage and onion stuffing.  Not sure on the rest of the veggies yet, however there will be some of shredded steamed cabbage.

I also popped to M & S to see if I could find anything clothes wise as it has been a while since I have been clothes shopping.  Could not find much that I was interested in, however chose not to part with my money today.  Do not have that much of it and so therefore want to spend it on some really nice pieces that go with the other clothes I have.  I did find a nice jumper - I wear jumpers of different weights all year long as I do feel the cold.  However, I am going to bide my time.  I particularly like the Per Una range, but I think you do pay a premium on this particular range.  Ideally though, I would like to lose a little weight before I buy anything as I am inbetween sizes at the moment, so if I buy a larger size than I really need they end up drowning me.  I have seen several dresses on line which I quite like the look of in any event.  Therefore will see what happens.  Hopefully will be able to shift some weight.

We had a cold platter for tea tonight.  On the plate were a couple of pieces of Pumpkin, cheese and onion Frittata, a couple of pieces of Pork Pie, some cheese I had Danish Blue G had some cheddar, sauces and pickled onions and some bread and butter.  For sweet we had a chocolate, strawberry and cream sponge which went down very nicely.  Plate was very scrummy and tasty.  Until recently neither of us had tried Frittata.  It was something that I had wanted to try and on several occasions had mentioned it but G did not seem interested.  Now however, (he likes it), it will become a regular feature and make and will be a good one to make with any veggies that need using up from the fridge.  I nearly always have eggs in and always buy a mixed selection of veggies. The one we had today had Pumpkin, potato, spinach, red pepper, onion and a little cheese in it.  I am keen to do more with veggies in our diet and use them in different ways than to my well tested and tried traditional ways, just of course to vary things up a bit.

Tomorrow, I will need to get a couple of nets of onions as I have run out.  I use a lot of onions.

Right am off to put my feet up.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts