Shattered

 Well I slept the sleep of the dead last night completely crashing out.  Mind you I was awake at 6:30am its just I fell back to sleep again.  Needless to say I feel a lot better today for the early night I had.  I have had a couple of disturbed nights due to animals in the past week and I think things just built up.  Now feeling much more balanced and I have less of a headache.  Needless to say I have not done very much today.  I have heeded the "Bishop's" Warning as it were and I have not done very much at all.  

Have been doing some research for another post which involves embroidery/cross stitch where I have lost the threads and the instructions and legend.  Internet to the rescue again and I have been able to locate what I needed; would like to find the original threads they are safe somewhere.  This particular project is one of my oldest outstanding UFOs so it would be nice to get this one sorted.  I am organising my "Ducks in a Row" as it were making sure that everything is organised and instructions are with materials and in a little bag to keep everything together.

All the UFOs are being sorted as much as they can be so that I will be ready to go when I get to that particular kit to complete or for further work to complete it.  All the UFOs are also being stored separately to kits that are in the stash and unopened so that I know what I am dealing with.  Trouble is that with like anything I go looking for one thing and end up going down a rabbit hole in relation to something extra to do with the kit albeit pertinent.  This particular kit uses peri lustre embroidery thread.  However I am not sure that this is produced today.  I may have to match and blend in threads to achieve the desired colouring.



Weather is beautiful but I do not want to be here. Want to be away this good weather always makes me want to be down by the sea! Have more jobs to do in the house today but shall potter in the garden a bit as well where I can just not in bright sunlight!

I am trying to tackle one of my UFOs (not one of the oldest ones) as well for the past couple of evenings and it has been a little heavy going perhaps because I was a little off kilter. and I have needed to focus a lot which hasn't gone well. Hoping to get back and have another go at it this evening.  There will be a separate post about this later in the week with a progress report.  It seems ages since I have been able to have a go at tackling the UFO pile, hopefully it is the start of things to come as they really need doing.  I have also found a few more UFOs on top of everything else😀I shall never go to heaven especially as I have been viewing a few new items as well.  It is okay have made a note of them so that I can later on down the line go back and see if can locate them, however the purse has remained firmly closed.  I just appreciate beautiful things

Needless to say that an awful lot of research has been carried out despite it being a "rest day", just nothing physical per se to show for it.  However, it should pay dividends in the future in relation to getting items worked.  I have stacks of embroidery and cross stitch paraphernalia to go through as well.  A lot of cross stitch publications etc.  I have held onto them as you never quite know what you want to work.  Really need to get them in some kind of order and into some kind of storage bookcase to keep them at their best and so that they are easily accessible.  That is another thing for the never ending list though.  It will come eventually.

We have a salad for tea tonight.  Nice and easy and I do not really fancy very much to eat in any event.  I shall definitely be having another early night tonight.  I got comfy last night and so did Mischief.  I hardly knew she was there she cuddles up either sat on top of me or to the side.  She is a funny little cat but she is very much enjoying having company and all the fuss.

Hopefully will be back to "normal" whatever that is tomorrow.  After tea will get back to my UFO (not the one pictured above) and deciphering the instructions from the computer and then working the latter part of the pattern until I am happy and then hopefully it will grow a bit quite rapidly.  It is after all crochet!

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hope you are feeling more like yourself soon. Lovely embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is one I really want to get out of the way with; still a lot of work to do on it though xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts