You will be relieved to hear

 ........no gardening today. Rain did stop play plus it has been a lot chillier than it has been.  However a warm weekend is predicted!  Will wait and see what happens.

Therefore kitchen duties have prevailed.  I am slowly starting to get items back into place in the cupboards plus putting a few more in as well. Cupboards have also been cleaned out as I go into each one, so the job is a bit slower than it was otherwise needed.  However, I took the view that it was a good opportunity to give them a spruce up whilst I was in there in any event. Job still not completed, however, the garden will come first tomorrow if I can get out and about.  If not I shall just go back to my kitchen.

Himself has made a couple of repairs to a saucepan lid and also a frying pan handle which I have been meaning to ask him to deal with for ages.  Whilst I remembered I took them to him so I could get them out of the way with.  A successful conclusion despite a thread being stripped on the saucepan lid.  I use saucepan lids a lot when I am cooking on the hob.  Keeps the heat in and reduces the amount of energy being used.

We have had Italian sausages and roasted mixed veggies for tea this evening.  Veggies were potatoes, white onion, red onion, red pepper, carrot, leek, courgette, with some hand cut bacon lardons (chopped up rashers of bacon in my case) - waste not want not.   Makes a very tasty meal which we both like.  It makes a great unfussy tasty tea.






We have a fresh pear each (which is ripe) for "pudding".  Do love a good pear!  



Pears are sometimes difficult to decide whether they are ripe or not.  I have found that pears go a more yellowy colour when ripe and also are very aromatic.  If you leave them too long you lose the best of them.

I have more pears in the fridge.  Some will be used in a pudding probably a Tarte Tatin and some will be used as a starter with some cheese, walnuts and honey; both are favourite ways of using them.  

I have cooked some extra roasted veg as well in order to use in a Frittata for another day.  Which is another really good way of using up some odds and ends and making something tasty out of it.  We have more salad to use up, and if I get a chance I will make a quiche.  However, I did do extra roasted veg to add to the Frittata mix to cut into wedges to serve with the salad.  I am all for tasty eating at the end of the day.

Hopefully when the kitchen is all "Tickety-boo" again, I will be able to set too and do a  load of cooking once more.  All my energies this week have been diverted towards the garden and clearing that and as a result we have had a lot of quick scrappy meals. However, you can only do what you can do.  Fingers crossed I can get back to cooking again once I get the kitchen under control.  I am very lucky, I get to do all the cooking and all the washing up!  Fingers crossed I can get back to reviving my garden.  It is getting there albeit very slowly.  I am too impatient!

I do have some bread to make as well, so will get that operational again.  

Still have not got to starting off my Sourdough starter but hopefully in the next few days that will happen also.  I also need to make some Saurkraut.  Might do the two of them together being as they are both ferments!  Will nip to the veg shop to see if they have the cabbage.

I have been reclaiming food containers for setting seeds in and recycling them.  They are here, would just go to landfill. They are not ideal but it is a way of re-using them sensibly for the time being and getting extra usage out of them.

The Pantry is next on the list to do.  What is left in there needs stripping out. It then needs washing out and needs a fresh coat of paint.  I will then be able to get that organised which I nearly managed to do but got dragged off with something else.  So fingers crossed this time, will get this out of the way with.  I can then get everything re-stocked back where it needs to be and so that I can find all my ingredients, make a list of those that need topping up and gradually get them stocked up again.

I also have some seed pricking out to do.  I really must get to that sometime tomorrow and also set some new seeds.

Right am off to potter.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Did your husband get the new kitchen in and fitted in the end? I seem to remember he was doing it a year or so ago, but you never showed a photo of the finished kitchen? Hope you can get out in the garden again this weekend, and to the Tip! Once I have a Tip load together, it goes in the back of the car and I am off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite BB, bulk of it is done. Have to wait a bit longer due to the absence of pennies. Major stuff done. It will happen when it happens. If I get anti about it only upsets me in the long run. Will get there at which time I will pop up some photos. It is only a tiny galley kitchen and full to the Gunnels!x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts