Monday/Tuesday catch up

Monday

A catch up on last evening.

Was a busy one for me.  I felt I had been cooped up in the house all day and as it has been far too hot I have not been able to work in the garden at all.  Not a happy bunny. As a result we have a regrowth of weeds in certain areas where I had cleared.  

When it got cooler, I decided that I just could not bear being inside any more, got my kneeler out, and I started on the Herb bed again.  Cleared it of all the weeds and replanted two small planters up with some Nasturtiums.  I hope they take okay. I also cleared the pots in the Herb bed so that they are ready to accept either some seeds or plants in due course.

A job I am going to have to do is re-string the grape vine.  It has gone ballistic and I have seed grapes dotted all over, so obviously the out of season hair cut seem to have done it some good.  That will probably be a job for sometime tomorrow.  I have some nice sturdy twine which I think will do the job just fine.  It will then be a job of weaving in the branches onto the string support. I have also cleared all the weeds out of the cracks in the pavement.  I just have one section of the Herb bed to deal with tomorrow and that means sorting out a load of stuff that had been stacked there, but it does need doing.  I am therefore thinking of getting up early tomorrow to deal with this.  Will see what happens as I do have to go out tomorrow/today.  

If I do not get it done in the morning, then when I come back later in the day, I will set about the garden again.  I must say that I do enjoy being outside especially of an evening, when things start to cool down a little bit and I can potter and get things done under my own steam.  I will have to sort out round the patio slabs again and re-weed down the sides.  I have reclaimed a lot of the old pots and weeded them out.  I have also watered them to make it easier to get plants into.  I managed to get two pumpkins potted up and I have popped egg shell around them to try and deter any garden pests from snacking on them.  Hopefully I will be able to get this bit sorted again.  Then I can set too and start digging the garden again and weeding a further stretch of the garden. 

I intend to work in the house when it is too hot to be outside in any event, so hopefully will get back on track with the work I have to accomplish.

I managed to get my hair sorted out a bit, but really it needs a good haircut.  I have not had my hair cut for about a year and it is driving me crackers.  I have to find a new hairdresser as mine, sold  up whilst we were away last year and retired.  She was straight over the road from the house.

Tuesday

Up early; very warm again and was thankful for the fan.  Got breakfast and everything sorted.  The toaster gave up the ghost - mind you have had it well over 20 years!  Will have to wait for a new one.

Got myself sorted out for a day out with my friend.  Decided to wear a shift dress that I have which is very cool to wear; comfortable is what you need in this weather.

Met up with my friend and had a lovely catch up with her.  It was good to catch up after all that has been going on.

Nipped into Holland and Barratt and managed to locate the Arrowroot I was after.  A 1kg bag costs £1.99.  Two bags came home with me.  So that is both the Cornflour and the Arrowroot now sorted out for a little while as I have 2kg of each now on the Pantry shelf.  I shall go back another time and look at what other ingredients they have on the shelf.  I need to replenish on some of the ingredients I use for Muesli and Granola.  I also need to get some Apricots.  Those are in M  & S.  I also need some other bits and bobs from M & S.

Came home too hot to do much at the  moment. The heat is getting to me.  I have never been one to be in it for long as I end up getting belted, with prickly heat rash and then I skin Will go out later on again like I did last night and start about the end of the Herb bed that needs sorting out.  Do not think will get to the slab area tonight, but even if I do not it will be on the never ending ever growing list to do.

As I had eaten whilst out I set too and prepare egg and bacon for himself for his tea.  I was still full from lunchtime.  We are having Strawbs and cream later on.

Heat is affecting me quite badly at the moment; very tired and fatigued.  Still waiting for it to cool down a little more before attempt to go out.  May have to go out early tomorrow morning instead. Have watered what plants I have outside.

If it does not go a bit cooler soon I will end up putting my feet up.  Think will be having an early night tonight in any event.

Does the heat affect you?  If so what effect does it have on  you! I wish I could tolerate it more than I can.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts